New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 07:51 AM

Lt1

Hi and thank you for having me. I am new to this forum but have read numerous times in the past. I bought a 1994 Z28 last February. Last summer I didn't do much to it besides a new thermostat, front control arms and strut mounts. This off season I plan on making some improvements. I am looking for some recommendations on what to do for some added power to the old Lt1. It runs beautifully now and I wouldn't like to change things so much that it turns into more of a headache. It has an overheating issue which I have yet to solve. It only overheats on very hot days when sitting, while driving it cools right back down to where it should be. Coolant is good and the thermostat works as well. Are there any other things that have to be changed if going to a wider tire too? If there are any other suggestions on additions I'd love to hear it. Thanks again.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Re: Lt1

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! ! Good looking ride.

Great to see another LT1 fan join the site. Seems like we are a vanishing breed.

On the "tech" questions, I would recommend that you start a new thread on each issue - engine upgrades, cooling problem, tires - on the appropriate forum. You will get the best coverage by posting the engine upgrades and cooling issue in "LT1 Related Engine Tech", and the tires question in either the “Wheels and Tires" forum, or "General 67-02 F-Body Tech".

Be sure to add a "Signature".

We're here to help.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/
Old 01-31-2018, 10:11 AM

Re: Lt1

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! ! Good looking ride.

Great to see another LT1 fan join the site. Seems like we are a vanishing breed.

On the "tech" questions, I would recommend that you start a new thread on each issue - engine upgrades, cooling problem, tires - on the appropriate forum. You will get the best coverage by posting the engine upgrades and cooling issue in "LT1 Related Engine Tech", and the tires question in either the “Wheels and Tires" forum, or "General 67-02 F-Body Tech".

Be sure to add a "Signature".

We're here to help.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/

Thank you for the heads up on the signature. I appreciate the input and I'll do my best to keep up!