New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Hello from Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:30 PM

Hello from Philadelphia

Even though I have been a member for years and even went to a camaro event a few years back through this forum I have been on a hiatus ever since. I bought my 30th anniversary Z28 back in 2000 with 20,000 miles on it. It was my first car and only car until I finished college. After school, marriage and soon to be home purchase I feel as though it's time to get the car back on the road and back into the camaro community. My car has been off the road for about 4 years and I miss driving it. I used to run at Atco raceway in the early 2000s and would love to get back to that. Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to spending more time on here.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Hello from Philadelphia

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!!

Great to see another LT1 getting back in action. Don't know if you might have run across a low 8-second/170MPH 30th SS convertible that ran at Atco a few times back in 2004. Buddy of mine who walked way from the car shortly thereafter, asked me to sell it for him.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/mem...-0710-6297.jpg
Old 02-10-2015, 10:13 PM

Pretty sure I had seen that car at some point. Hope to get mine in that kind of setup somewhere down the line. Wonder if that car is still making passes somewhere.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Guy we sold it to was from California. He bought the car, the Suburban tow vehicle, and the enclosed trailer, and drove it back. Last we heard he had a problem with the engine (1,350HP Gen 1 SBC) and pulled it out, rebuilt it and put it in something else. Don't know what happened to the chassis. It was a rare car when purchased.... not a lot of 30th Anniversary SS convertibles built with the M6.