New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Finally I can do a real burn out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:05 PM

Finally I can do a real burn out!

Hello everybody, just picked up a 94 Z28 6 speed. I overpaid but I had to have it, it was one of three on craigslist within 200 miles of me. 162,000 miles but still running pretty good. She had been sitting for over a year so I was torn on weather or not to drain the old fuel or just burn it out. It drove great on test drive so foolishly I decided to leave the old gas in figuring I could just add a bottle of fuel treatment and be done with it. About 150 miles later I was pretty much on E right next to the gas station, went to take off from the light and BAM, Luckily I had enough momentum to coast to a pump. Got the check gauges light. Not sure WTF was going on I put $15 in and crossed my fingers, when I tried to start her back up I got the dreaded service engine soon light, finally after multiple attempts she started up and I took off towards home, about a half mile down the road she started to puke, I mean TERRIBLE HEAVING, and BUCKING. I thought for sure my tranny was shot. After about 3 more start and dies I finally made it back to my place and parked her in the garage, drained the gas tank and put in new oil and tranny fluid. Fingers crossed again I pressurized the tank started her up and no lights no rough idle no nothing.......like all was well in the world again. Or so it seemed....Although she is up and running again it seems I have lost some power also my power band seems to be shorter and have less power at low RPM's. She can still roast one but she feels like she wants to die when I come to red light. Also a bit quieter now. Anyway, sorry for the book. I look forward to reading through the forums and learning from you brothers.
5.7 out
Attached Thumbnails Finally I can do a real burn out!-camaro.jpg  
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Re: Finally I can do a real burn out!

"New Member Intro" isn't the best place for tech help. If you want, I can move your post to "LT1 Based Engine Tech".

Did you ever pull the codes?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:16 PM

No Sir, didn't pull codes. I apologize, I didn't intend to seem like I was asking for help, just telling my story.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Administrator

OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding.