New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Back with a "new" car (30th anniversary)

Old 03-08-2019, 02:55 AM

Back with a "new" car (30th anniversary)

Finally I was able to buy this 30th anniversary edition I was eyeballing for some time. I just had to sell the previous daily, a '96 WS6, 6-speed. Some of you may now wonder why. The reason is simple: for my daily I wanted an automatic… (and I'm more a Camaro-guy)
So this afternoon I'll pick it up. :-)
Some small mods have been done to it: Bilstein suspension, 19"-rims (not sure about them for now), -96-style tails, radio and some interior parts which have been painted in white.
There is some work to do: good cleaning of the white leather, new radio (double DIN), clear front turns, connection of the taillamps as it should be and probably some more things later…
Still unsure about adding the heritage stripes

Old 10-14-2019, 03:55 AM

Re: Back with a "new" car (30th anniversary)

got me some original SS-wheels which I had powdercoated
added clear sidemarkers and added v-led triton with drl-function
double-din Pioneer HU

Last edited by swisscheese; 10-14-2019 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:06 AM

...and the stripes...

Old 10-15-2019, 12:07 AM

Nice looking car! You need to find a set of center caps for the 30th Anniversary wheels to finish the stock look. Here is an Ebay auction if you're interested.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by peterpar
Nice looking car! You need to find a set of center caps for the 30th Anniversary wheels to finish the stock look. Here is an Ebay auction if you're interested.
Thanks for the compliments!
In the meantime i sprayed the original silver center caps in white myself because I didn't feel to pay that much for a small plastic part...
Old 12-10-2019, 01:08 PM

@swisscheese Are you happy with your double din Pioneer? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you or somebody else can help me. I'm searching for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer decks but they are useless hype. All the positives are covered and they rarely mention the drawbacks.
The AVH-210EX head unit landed on my short list. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about all brands and put me on the fence. Well this AVH-210EX double din review was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.
How hard is to install these units anyways? Can I use my iPod classic with it?

Any tips?
Old 12-10-2019, 03:14 PM

What are the lights near the turn signals?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Robertengen
@swisscheese Are you happy with your double din Pioneer? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you or somebody else can help me. I'm searching for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer decks but they are useless hype. All the positives are covered and they rarely mention the drawbacks.
The AVH-210EX head unit landed on my short list. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about all brands and put me on the fence. Well this AVH-210EX double din review was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.
How hard is to install these units anyways? Can I use my iPod classic with it?

Any tips?
In short: the installation isn't that bad. Buy a Metra faceplate for the double-din along with the adapter cable (Crutchfield / Amazon) It takes some time to arrange the adapter cable to the radio connectors, but it is colored identical. You also have to cut the support between the radio opening and the heater controls. Route the usb-cable to desired location ( I have mine in he ashtray)
If your I-pod and HU has Bluetooth you can connect it like this, otherwise via USB.
The HU itself is good for my taste, just miss the remote on the steering wheel as I had on the Trans Am before for the basic stuff like volume and changing radio station and so

Last edited by swisscheese; 12-11-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by DrewHMS97SS
What are the lights near the turn signals?
When the car was imported to Switzerland it still had the stock turn/parking lights in orange. But orange parking lights are not allowed over here, so they added those ugly things.
I changed to clears along with some switchback vleds drl's and wouldn't need those now anymore. still trying to figure out how to fill the hole when throwing them out. It's about 1x2"...
Old 12-11-2019, 09:43 AM

Crazy about the light color limitations. I would bet the clear turn markers were not yet available when the car came across.

For filling the holes, I would think that this would require some body work and repainting
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by DrewHMS97SS
Crazy about the light color limitations. I would bet the clear turn markers were not yet available when the car came across.

For filling the holes, I would think that this would require some body work and repainting
this or a new front mask. there is a new unmolested one near me
Old 12-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Sad though since you just added the pretty stripes. I also had some fitment issues on another car the got a new front cover after an accident, so be aware that your mileage may vary.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:14 AM

Probably gonna take out those ugly things and cover the holes with some white plastic strips for now.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:14 AM
Banned

Hey. Your problem is very common and one of my friends also had such an incident. He ordered New rugs, glass rags and a windshield wiper and they all came from different places and places . It sounds funny, but it's rather sad that this happens. And it's easier to come for them yourself without delivery. But I can say the opposite, because there are many services that will help you with this. Such services most often carry things in giant trucks and it does not take much space, but even then they can cheat and even replace things with other less high-quality ones. That is why they came up with a high-quality and honest company [spam link deleted] that will help you transport not only the car, but also the hangings for the car and the car in which there will be things along with the things. There are a lot of transportation options, and all of them are very convenient and of high quality, and with the help of them people who are faced with a problem, how you can easily solve it and you can also easily solve it by going to the company's website.

Last edited by Injuneer; 01-09-2021 at 11:39 AM.