New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

So who went to the MOT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 06:45 AM

Post So who went to the MOT?

And which car was yours maybe I will recognize it. My friend had a bright red 96 SS that we went in right near the concession stand.

------------------
I WOULD RATHER PUSH A CAMARO THAN DRIVE AN IMPORT

1983Z28
Superramed roller 406 10.5 compression, AFR 195's and custom cam.

future mods:
N20 waiting to be installed

Wifes new car:

1995 Z28
AT, leather, T-tops bone stock for now. 250 RWHP 300 RWT 14.0 @ 99 MPH on a 2.2 60'

future mods:
header to tailpipe replacement and a cold air intake. Then I am just going to leave it alone (maybe)
Old 07-22-2002, 06:52 AM

Hi everyone I just wanted to give a quick update on the Museum show on 7/21/02. All in all there were approximately 150 cars on the field this beautiful day. There were somewhere around 50 to 60 Firebirds, depending on when you were counting. And there were a lot of Camaros. There were 3 Anniversary Trans Ams on hand. About 12 FFCC Member Cars, and 3 members who didn't bring their cars. It was a slow fill in at first, but it didn't take too long for the Firebirds to roll in. Of the Firebirds the largest representation came from the 4th Generation, with a nice showing of the second, and a decent turnout of First Gens and Thirds (I would have like to have seen more Thirds come out of hiding.) Our club members took home some great trophies... With Tim's 99 Arctic White Hawk taking second and Justin Barsalou's 2002 Mecham T/A taking First in the 4th generation category. Dave Nowlan was surprised by his 2nd place win in the First generation category, he brought his 1968 Firebird 400 that he's had since High School! It was a very long day of judging. The 100 point system required a lot of effort and expertise by the judges. Our club judged the Camaros... we had our work cut out for us! Dave (with the 68) and my husband judged the First Generation (17 Cars), Marie (our Events Officer) judged the Second Generation (6 Cars), I judged the Third Generation (15 Cars), Mike Cote judged the Fourth Generation Camaros (14 Cars I think). Our PR guy Brian, handled our club booth for a few hours, too. I also was on the radio "live" for one hour on Sweet Chariots radio show on 1060 AM, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm. It's a great auto enthusiast show, with something for everyone, you can find them at www.sweetchariots.com. Also I made an appearance on a local tv show doing a commentary on the FFCC and the show. We spoke to the Museum after the show, and they are interested in having us do another next year... and who knows where that could go. It was great to see all the F-Bodies in top condition and in such a large variety. We will have photos up on the site very soon. Thanks to those who made the show a success.

------------------
President and Founder of the Firebirds Forever Car Club. Check us out! www.firebirdsforever.org.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:34 PM

I was put on the left side of the road, as I arrived very late.

It was a very good show with a lot of nice cars.

John

------------------
99 Red WS6 formula. All options except hurst. Mods= CAGS!,180 T-Stat,HPP3,Whisper lid,Mobil 1,V1 detector,Hurst billit plus,All baffles removed,Granatelli MAF, BGRamMod,Borla Cat Back, 2001 slave,master,and clutch. Dyno #s ( Corrected )
320.3 RWHP @5400 RPM 334.5 RWTQ @4400 RPM
Best 1/4 mile 13.258 @ 107.93 MPH. 60 FT = 2.132
Old 07-22-2002, 06:41 PM

Great show guys, had fun..
my car was to the right of the regitration booth in the mail feild Camaro burgundy red with the 2002 Z28 rims and GM export tail lights and headlight covers.

Had a blast will deffinatly go next year! and more posting of it will bring more cars..
one thing the judging was a little "tough" it was almost concours judging..I myself heard alot of poeple say it shouldnt be that tough for a fun weekend,
but no big deal it may leave the not so nice cars out..or just in the funfeild..like mine!
my car was nice but not judge worthy as some of the fine examples there of all years!
see you all around and nice to see some board memebers!

------------------
thanks
David Morgan
the "Over Drive Gang"
94 Z28 A4, K/N FIPK!,AIT Relocator,TB bypass,99 SS MAF Airfoil,HPP+, Shiftkit,Cutout, Flowmaster 80 series American Thunder Exhaust with 3" Chrome tips GMS Strut Tower Brace, GMS Sub Frame Connectors AND 93-96 GM Export Tail Lights! GTS Headlight Covers and Tail covers.

http://overdrive-gang.tripod.com

Check it out !! you might know some of the cars, or my friends.and a few of their rides frequent the pages of muscle car mags

Congrats Tony L. of the "ODG" Owner of The BBC 6SP 81 Malibu

Making Hot Rod Mags top 10 cars of 2001!!
Old 07-22-2002, 09:50 PM

David remember me? I asked what the name of the color of your car was? I told you I have a 95 the same color.

John I remember your Ws6 as well.

Very nice cars to the both of you.

------------------

1983Z28

future mods:

Wifes new car:

1995 Z28
AT, leather, T-tops bone stock for now. 250 RWHP 300 RWT 14.0 @ 99 MPH on a 2.2 60'

future mods:
header to tailpipe replacement and a cold air intake. Then I am just going to leave it alone (maybe)
Old 07-23-2002, 05:09 AM

Dave, what are export tail lights? I didn't notice them at the show.

John
Old 07-26-2002, 05:33 PM

super83Z yea I remeber! good to meet you too!
MA WS6 the export lights.. I sent you an email..and will find the pics..
Super noticed them..lets just say they look stock but if you put them with a 93-96 and a 97-2002 and told you what year..you would be like ummm dont know..totally diffrent style GM did to the exports

------------------
thanks
David Morgan
the "Over Drive Gang"
94 Z28 A4, K/N FIPK!,AIT Relocator,TB bypass,99 SS MAF Airfoil,HPP+, Shiftkit,Cutout, Flowmaster 80 series American Thunder Exhaust with 3" Chrome tips GMS Strut Tower Brace, GMS Sub Frame Connectors AND 93-96 GM Export Tail Lights! GTS Headlight Covers and Tail covers.

http://overdrive-gang.tripod.com

Check it out !! you might know some of the cars, or my friends.and a few of their rides frequent the pages of muscle car mags

Congrats Tony L. of the "ODG" Owner of The BBC 6SP 81 Malibu

Making Hot Rod Mags top 10 cars of 2001!!
Old 07-27-2002, 06:09 AM

I got your E-mail Dave, but no pictures.

I have heard that exported cars must have yellow turn signals on them, so I assume that yours do.
I would like to get a pair of export lights for my new 2002 trailblazer, as it has seperate bulbs for the turn signals in the back, but with a red lens over them.

How can I find if they have such a thing?

Thanks.

John
Old 07-27-2002, 11:38 AM

They are kind of hard to describe but here goes. The spot where the brake light and siedmarker is amber on the Euro's and where the blinker is on the american ones is red on the euro's. Hope that helps and not confuse it more.

------------------

1983Z28

future mods:

Wifes new car:

1995 Z28

future mods:
Old 08-05-2002, 07:00 PM

Yep, I went and if I didn't go, I am sure that I never would have lived it down.
From most of the feedback, it appears everyone had a good time.
Roxie, thanks for the update on the event-I'm sure that the great weather-a perfect Sunday-had much to do with the family atmosphere of the Larz Anderson Park.
When I first proposed the idea of a Camaro and Firebird 35th Anniversary and Farewell "lawn event", Mr. John Sweeney, acting director of the MOT, was very excited about the whole idea.
In a recent follow-up call to the events manager, they are totally thrilled with the success of the event and the number of general admissions that we are certainly welcome back next year!!!
You may wish to remember that the Corvette will be celebrating it's 0th birthday and a BIG celebration is being planned.
Thanks everyone for coming to the show.
You have to admit, there were some pretty nice cars there!!!.
Yep, different judging maybe? Race cars, specialty cars (Pace cars, SS-WS6-F'Hawks-I dunno)???