New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Lawyers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by 84t-topZ
I think the whole point the original poster is trying to make is as follows, HE WASNT DRAG RACING. The law makers really need to control the police attitudes as far as this particular subject is involved. As far as most people are concerned one is NOT drag racing unless they exceed the speed limit.

A better charge for what the original poster did would probaly be a little closer to Failure to use care in starting stopping backing and turning on a STATE highway. Now @ the same time if he did this on a town road the only charge he can get is a NOISE violation.

I know this stuff because im friendly with a few of the cops in my town and i come straight out and ask
"What can happen if i do (insert illegal manuever here)??"

freakin holier than thou attitudes in the forums here are starting to **** me off.
actually if you read the whole thread in the first post all i said was he should have taken the 100 cause now he was gonna get screwed with the 500 but some poeple obviously have attitude problems
Old 01-01-2004, 11:09 PM

I don't know why it isn't wise i've just been told by people that bringing a lawyer isn't wise because it admits guilt which i don't understand but with my neg. driving ticket i didn't bring one and i got off.....my friend that brought a lawyer got stuck with the 100 bucks in court costs. But if you look at the big picture it is probably worth it to get one so you don't get stuck with a huge premium and stuff.....when is your court date anyways.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:14 AM

Feb 26th or 28th, I can't rmeember....
Old 01-03-2004, 03:14 PM

man, if u really were only doin 25 in a 45 and they said u were racing cuz u did a burnout, then that is f*ckin stupid. some cops r nice, but some of them r just total cocksmooches. good luck man.