New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Interest in dyno day last weekend in July?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by sleeperZ96BT
Why do I set these up? Because people ask me to

Brian
Sorry, didn't know you were "the dyno man" and I also remember you having a post where you "put your Z/28 in storage wicked early"

my car runs fine, thank you, just has a miss at 5k
Brian
Careful, don't contradict yourself Either it runs fine or it has a miss

Plus when have any of your guys motors ever been done on time?

Brian
Guess you haven't deal with Quest Racing....... Quest Racing = for any timelines that you may have

Dean and Rob can pretty much dyno whenever they want.

Brian
WOW, thanks for the update....never would have guessed that Dean and Rob can dyno whenever they want

Everyone has their motor done, now it's just a question of a few guys getting them in the car and putting some miles on them and tuning them. The point I was trying to make is that it would be nice to have a dyno day at NEDT and have John, Mike, Rob, Dean and myself be able to thow our cars on the rollers.

I'm still chasing a few gremlins and once I get them sorted out I'll be bringing it to NEDT for some tuning.

Marc

Oh and as far as the wise *** remark goes......
Old 06-30-2003, 11:37 AM

are you kidding me?
I guess your pic explains it all
Old 06-30-2003, 11:57 AM

Unhappy

Our show is Saturday the 26th - it might keep a few of our guys out who want to go dyno.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by 1st and goal
Sorry, didn't know you were "the dyno man" and I also remember you having a post where you "put your Z/28 in storage wicked early"

Careful, don't contradict yourself Either it runs fine or it has a miss

Guess you haven't deal with Quest Racing....... Quest Racing = for any timelines that you may have

WOW, thanks for the update....never would have guessed that Dean and Rob can dyno whenever they want

Everyone has their motor done, now it's just a question of a few guys getting them in the car and putting some miles on them and tuning them. The point I was trying to make is that it would be nice to have a dyno day at NEDT and have John, Mike, Rob, Dean and myself be able to thow our cars on the rollers.

I'm still chasing a few gremlins and once I get them sorted out I'll be bringing it to NEDT for some tuning.

Marc

Oh and as far as the wise *** remark goes......
Mike as is in me? My car is a puppy compared to you guys. But I would be more than happy to have a big dog day with all of us.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by 5-liter-eater
Mike as is in me? My car is a puppy compared to you guys. But I would be more than happy to have a big dog day with all of us.
Yes, Mike as in you

I just thought you car would have some big brass cohones

I'm not sure what you did to it but allways imagined it as a 500+ RWHP big dog
Old 06-30-2003, 02:08 PM

I did put it in storage.........then I decided I'd enjoy it as long as I could before grad school gets heavy. Plans change. It does run fine, to 5k, and I could keep going to 6k if i wanted, but the chart would break up and I wouldn't be able to get an accurate reading for peak power. Besides, I've dyno'd my GTP the last 2 dyno days anyways, just cuz I may not dyno the Z doesn't mean I won't dyno anything.
Roxie-When is the show?
Mike-We'll get together soon.
Brian
Old 06-30-2003, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by 1st and goal
Yes, Mike as in you

I just thought you car would have some big brass cohones

I'm not sure what you did to it but allways imagined it as a 500+ RWHP big dog
mid 400's maybe, but it goes good, Rob drove in it but he will say it sucks.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:45 PM

Besides, I've dyno'd my GTP the last 2 dyno days anyways, just cuz I may not dyno the Z doesn't mean I won't dyno anything.

Brian
All right, I've got to give you a up for that.

At least you're not pulling a "Chevy94C" on me and not dynoing......speaking of Chevy94C.....you still out there?

Time to throw the old girl on the dyno and blow it up properly eh?
Old 06-30-2003, 03:51 PM

that will be the week after I get back from Chicago..... does anyone else know what is going on in Chicago the 3rd week in july? *coughAllStarGame*

I'm hoping to have everything squared away by then, new exhaust all done and car running the way its supposed to...... but we all know how that goes

Its been a while since I've been able to hang out with you guys so I'll definately make my best effort to get there
Old 07-02-2003, 11:34 AM

If it was the 2nd last weekend in July, or the 1st weekend in August I would have a better chance of making it. Might bring the Z if its done.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 PM

Set some times and dates. i may not dyno my car since its basically stock, but we'll see, and i deff. wanna see the other guys Dyno. I have a digital camera so i can take pics of every1's car and then someone could host them.

Jake
Old 07-02-2003, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Jcb890
Set some times and dates. i may not dyno my car since its basically stock, but we'll see, and i deff. wanna see the other guys Dyno. I have a digital camera so i can take pics of every1's car and then someone could host them.

Jake
I thought mine was stock and I put it on the dyno and it kicked 325rwhp! Cpu chip I think!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:30 PM

I wouldn't get nething near 325 rwhp 1. because i have an LT1 and 2. because my car does not even run right...im workin on that tho... if i can get it runnin right and get it lookin good then ill dyno, if not then ill just watch everyone and b the "official camera-man"

Jake
Old 07-02-2003, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Jcb890
I wouldn't get nething near 325 rwhp 1. because i have an LT1 and 2. because my car does not even run right...im workin on that tho... if i can get it runnin right and get it lookin good then ill dyno, if not then ill just watch everyone and b the "official camera-man"

Jake
cool, I will be out there for sure, I had a good time last weekend with all the Lexus crew...lol
Old 07-02-2003, 01:40 PM

Do we know what date its going to be? i would imagine there is a discount pricing to dyno and to dyno-tune the cars...if so, what are the prices? as long as i know the date i can request it off...if we dont figure out the date until last minute ill prbly just call in sick since i hate my job any ways

Jake

Quick Reply: Interest in dyno day last weekend in July?