CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   New England Area (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/new-england-area-32/)
-   -   Interest in dyno day last weekend in July? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/new-england-area-32/interest-dyno-day-last-weekend-july-139605/)

sleeperZ96BT 06-29-2003 08:40 PM

Interest in dyno day last weekend in July?

Spoke with Dean about setting up another dyno day at Nedyno the last weekend in July. Anyone interested? Hopefully some of the big guns will dyno and maybe even my car will be ready......Just want to make sure there is interest before we make it official!
Brian

TunedPort 335 06-29-2003 08:57 PM

I'll definitely be there dynoing my car, as long as nothing breaks from now until then.

I say go for it :D :cool:

My84Z 06-29-2003 10:34 PM

If i have my car I will!

sleeperZ96BT 06-30-2003 04:25 AM

cool, im thinking that last saturday most likely, since dean and the guys should have at least 1 day a week off, lol. unless for some reason 15-20 guys can only make it on sunday, lol. should be fun and hopefully good weather............
brian

Morgan SS 06-30-2003 07:19 AM

Just want to thank Dean for a good time at the Dyno Sat, I was up there with a bunch of Lexus's or Lexi whatever, anyway I was expecting my stock SS to maybe push 300 hp but it dynoed at 325.5 hp, turns out someone has done something to the computer board, I never would have known about it, and I also run a little lean, so I will get my MAF translator and head up there with you guys, let me know, thanks Dean it was a blast!

Morgan

1st and goal 06-30-2003 07:35 AM

Why do you setup dyno days when you don't even dyno :confused:

I think it would be best to have a day in August so Dean and Rob can have their cars done but whatever and I'm on vacation that week so I won't be around.

Marc

5-liter-eater 06-30-2003 07:47 AM

Originally posted by 1st and goal
Why do you setup dyno days when you don't even dyno :confused:

I think it would be best to have a day in August so Dean and Rob can have their cars done but whatever and I'm on vacation that week so I won't be around.

Marc

oh you left out you cant run the car either! :p Oh score one for me.

Morgan SS 06-30-2003 07:50 AM

Originally posted by 5-liter-eater
Are yo the guy i met on Sat? I saw you on 495 yesterday afternoon, I think I heard your car from the opposite side of the highway!

I had the SS on Sat.

5-liter-eater 06-30-2003 07:51 AM

I will be there most likely, may not dyno but I might take a pull or two for fun. I should be tuned by then anyway. How was your birthday brian? Sorry I couldnt make it, got stuck at a friggin wedding after I left deans.

1st and goal 06-30-2003 08:36 AM

Originally posted by 5-liter-eater
Hey it runs ;)

I've got about 900 miles on the car and just need to square away minor issues before we tune it.

Have you driven yours? Or do you still push it in and out of the shop? :p

Marc

P.S. (edit) and to think I was going back to this post to add that August might be better for you as you should hopefully be ready to dyno by then as well but if you want to toss sand around the sand box then the hell with ya :p

5-liter-eater 06-30-2003 08:43 AM

Originally posted by 1st and goal
Hey it runs ;)

I've got about 900 miles on the car and just need to square away minor issues before we tune it.

Have you driven yours? Or do you still push it in and out of the shop? :p

Marc

P.S. (edit) and to think I was going back to this post to add that August might be better for you as you should hopefully be ready to dyno by then as well but if you want to toss sand around the sand box then the hell with ya :p

Not only is mine done but Rob has been in it:p

P.S. Hey mostly made fun of it though :( Hes not really nice to me

sleeperZ96BT 06-30-2003 09:26 AM

Why do I set these up? Because people ask me to and I know that the next dyno day will be in late September or early October from when I talked to Dean just the other night. And my car runs fine, thank you, just has a miss at 5k+, so whats the point of dynoing. I drove it over 500 miles this weekend and was happy to do so. I enjoy hanging out, scoping out the rides, and meeting the new guys/gals that show up. I don't think that I warrant a wise-ass remark from you for trying to be nice and get people together. And if all goes well my car will be ready by the end of July. What's the worst case here, no one dynos but people want to hang out? That doesn't seem too bad in my book. I asked Dean if he was interested in having one late July and he said certainly and that it sounded like a good idea since there was quite a gap between the last one and the next one. If he had advised me not to do it then I wouldn't be here. I'm just seeing if people are interested in doing it, if they are we'll do it, if not then feel free to schedule one in August. Plus when have any of your guys motors ever been done on time? ;) Plus Dean and Rob can pretty much dyno whenever they want.

Mike-Mohegan Sun was a lot of fun, I lost a little money that was to be expected. There were about 8 of us there. Wish a 'high roller' like you woulda been there so you could show us how it is done, all we did was play slots since I'm a poor broke graduate school student and most of who were there had just graduated from undergrad with some nice debt! We'll have to get together soon man.

Brian

Morgan SS 06-30-2003 09:35 AM

Brian
I will do anything as long as it involves my car!
This sounds great, I'll just drive around in circles, if somebody would do it with me, you should come to cruise nights in Seekonk on Sundays with me, there is always a good turn out and some cool F Body guys as well.

Morgan

5-liter-eater 06-30-2003 09:35 AM

Originally posted by sleeperZ96BT
Why do I set these up? Because people ask me to and I know that the next dyno day will be in late September or early October from when I talked to Dean just the other night. And my car runs fine, thank you, just has a miss at 5k+, so whats the point of dynoing. I drove it over 500 miles this weekend and was happy to do so. I enjoy hanging out, scoping out the rides, and meeting the new guys/gals that show up. I don't think that I warrant a wise-ass remark from you for trying to be nice and get people together. And if all goes well my car will be ready by the end of July. What's the worst case here, no one dynos but people want to hang out? That doesn't seem too bad in my book. I asked Dean if he was interested in having one late July and he said certainly and that it sounded like a good idea since there was quite a gap between the last one and the next one. If he had advised me not to do it then I wouldn't be here. I'm just seeing if people are interested in doing it, if they are we'll do it, if not then feel free to schedule one in August. Plus when have any of your guys motors ever been done on time? ;) Plus Dean and Rob can pretty much dyno whenever they want.

Mike-Mohegan Sun was a lot of fun, I lost a little money that was to be expected. There were about 8 of us there. Wish a 'high roller' like you woulda been there so you could show us how it is done, all we did was play slots since I'm a poor broke graduate school student and most of who were there had just graduated from undergrad with some nice debt! We'll have to get together soon man.

Brian

High roller? good one. I only drop 500 ish when I go and only on slots, not much of a high roller. I figure f!ck it, its a days pay if that. I really wanted to go to. I needed to make some cash as I have dumped another 4k in that car in the last two weeks. I had a 100 bucks for you and everything. I was gonna have you drop it on the roulette wheel, one bet, one shot. 36-1 odds works out pretty good. Would have been the cam install money and then some LOL! I will make an all out effort the next time you go.

Morgan SS 06-30-2003 09:37 AM

I live in Marlboro so were not that far apart