New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Bad Experience with East Side Performance and Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 09:51 AM

Go see Jamie Miller on the other side of town.Outstanding fabricator.Builds Modifieds for a living.Drag cars on the side in his own shop.

He did my cage subrames tourque arm ect.You will not be disapointed. He is an artist with a tig torch.

Email me if you would like his Number

ED
Old 05-31-2003, 10:24 AM

Well, like I said, they have done great work on my car and all of my friends, and yes, even welding, they did cutouts on my car and subframes on my friends 99 TA, both came out fine.
I dont know what happened here. I dont believe they turned their backs either, They have been good to everyone I know and talk to. I guess theirs always 1 bad experiance. which is to bad but It wouldnt scare me away from them, I'll be going back. But thats just me.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:55 PM

I spoke with Ken from East Side, made him aware of this thread, he is in BG at the N vs S shoot out which they won, I just spoke to ken!! He didnt have time for the hole story but he said he will be chimming in to strightn this out. This deffinetly didnt sound like ESP to me, Those guys are great and do nice stuff. But anyway Congrats on the win and give me some of that HP!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:27 AM

I had heard it was a good shop which is why I brought it there in the first place. When I brought the car in I went directly from work so I was still dressed up, I guess he thought i was some random yuppie who would never look under the car. But when confronted he SHOULD have said something like "Im sorry, i was having a bad day, lemme make it right". Just seems to me that he'll take advantage of people if he thought he could get away with it. If thats the way they want to run their business, thats their choice. I'm just here to warn you about it.

BTW, I brought the car to Mad Hatter in Meriden, CT and they fixed the job beautifully for $25.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:17 PM

That just does not sound like them at ALL. I have had problems that had nothing to do with them and they say bring it in, We will take care of it. JMO, They would fix it, Ive heard or seen NOTHING bad from EAST SIDE. Every post, every person you ask and every car you see that they turn out, Is done and done right.
It just sounds nothing like them. That hole crew goes over and above for their customers, They stay late, they work hard and get the job done on time. I have droped my car off their when they where not open, It was not a problem, Ken say's "Dont worry about it, If thats the only time you can drop it off, I'll be there to grab it". Not many places do that. Like I said before this just doesnt sound like them at all!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:46 AM

OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM EAST SIDE PERFORMANCE!!!!

the welding was not done to your satisfaction
and you were not willing to bring the car back to allow Ken to make corrections to your satisfaction

you had a chip on your shoulder about the situation understandable and Ken was having a bad day and with the comments you made he handled the situation poorly

he would liked to have fixed the situation for you but you showed up with pictures instead of the car AND REFUSED TO let him make the additional welds

and we dont want any bad blood with anyone and will GIVE YOU A REFUND OF YOUR $$$$$ w/o hard feelings

please stop by or contact us for settlement of this situation

thank you
EAST SIDE PERFORMANCE

Last edited by thechef; 06-02-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Marky82
My brother has his subframes welded in there a few weeks ago and they did a good job. I would definately go back and have them fix it or get a refund
That would be me

I don't know what to say about your situation, but they did a fine job on my BMR Boxed SFCs.

I prepped them myself, though