New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Bad Experience with East Side Performance and Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:01 PM

Thumbs down Bad Experience with East Side Performance and Dyno

Pics can be seen here:
http://66.167.23.137/hackjob.htm

I brought my car to East Side Performance & Dyno in Wlfd CT. to have my Kenny Brown Double Diamond subframe connectors welded in. I felt comfortable with them simply by the number of other F-body's in the parking lot. When I got the car home to inspect the job I was shocked to find the worst welding job I have ever seen. Not only that but the welds were incomplete and even missing in some places! Upon further inspection I kept finding things wrong. Surfaces were not prepped, the battery had obviously not been disconnected, and different hardware of the wrong size was used to re-install the center brace. I went back to give them a chance to make it up but was met with a defensive, uncaring attitude and no remorse for the unprofessional job. When asked for a refund I got a turned back and a "That ain't gonna happen."

I admit to not bringing a copy of the instructions, but a shop that specializes in F-body's should have known better. And it still doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible welding job.

Sorry for the rant, just take another look at these pics before you have any work done there. Hopefully they are better at tuning...
Old 05-28-2003, 10:17 PM

that is a terrible job.......id fight them to make it right or get your money back. i had mine done locally and the welding was incredible........id be ashamed if i welded like that. good luck in your venture for getting it done right!
brian
Old 05-28-2003, 11:27 PM

My brother has his subframes welded in there a few weeks ago and they did a good job. I would definately go back and have them fix it or get a refund
Old 05-29-2003, 06:19 AM

>Sorry to see this , but it seems like it is getting harder and harder to trust shops now adays ... we should all just find a shop like NEDYNO and stay there .
(free advertisement for ya Dean ) .
We should make a heads up list especially for us New Englanders like for 1stand goal (Quest Racing) , me (Nu-Tek Motorsporst) , and you (Eastside Performance and Dyno) .
Old 05-29-2003, 08:25 AM

After he said that there was nothing wrong with those welds, there is no way that I can trust them to do any better. I would bet that he didn't even support the car correctly before doing the welding. I already have an appointment somewhere else to have this mess fixed.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Administrator

That workmanship looks like crap. However I cannot speak for the structural integrity of the work.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:04 AM

East Side is a good shop, I wonder what happen?
Post on LS1tech board in the eastern section. And put that link over there. I'm sure they will make things right with ya.
Alot of the guys there have had stuff done over there.

Its most likely the structural integrity is strong. Just that the workmanship isn't there.

Rob
Old 05-29-2003, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by 96Z28SS
East Side is a good shop, I wonder what happen?
Post on LS1tech board in the eastern section. And put that link over there. I'm sure they will make things right with ya.
Alot of the guys there have had stuff done over there.

Its most likely the structural integrity is strong. Just that the workmanship isn't there.

Rob
looks like something you would do
Old 05-29-2003, 11:00 AM

Oh your a funny man today!

atleast his car is running not like yours!

Rob
Old 05-29-2003, 01:03 PM

That is a complete hack....I'd be ripped.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:06 PM

Does NEDYNO or anyone around here do subframes?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:41 PM

I know NEDYNO does subframe connectors.
I think Mike Dez does also.
Probably alot of other shops also we just don't know it.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:57 PM

Did mine in my driveway with my MIG welder, came out way better than those did. Just think if I had a real shop to do it in!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:01 AM

WOW< i must say that is not a good job, I dont understand that. I have had lots of work done there,as well as a few of my buddies, They always send use back a great job. we picked up my buddies car after being their for a week for heads/cam,tq arm, driveshaft, Hal's, and some other stuff, Not only did the car make a ton of power (432rwhp,398rwtq N/A) but it was all done with pride and good workmenship. everything I have had done there came out perfect. and Im not an easy guy to satisfie.
Anyway, I would still recomend them as well as NEDyno to take care of ANY F-body needs!!
Old 05-31-2003, 09:37 AM

They may do some things well, but welding is not one of them. I could have welded those better, and I weld like crap.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with East Side Performance and Dyno