N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

ZEX kit any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 05:42 PM

ZEX kit any good?

I have been reading about the Zex kit and it sounds like the best kit out there. What I want to know is that is this just advertising hype or is it really a good kit? Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:00 PM

i heard the ZEX kit is good..but not the best. I would go with NX or TNT i heard alot of good things about those two.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:36 AM
Banned

nx all the way
Old 11-27-2002, 02:24 PM

Nx or Tnt just ask around the board.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:32 PM

The ZEX is a dry system, which increases fuel through the pump. This can cause your injectors to lock up. You may consider upgrading them.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:42 PM

AWESOME kit. I have NEVER had any problems with the kit. My injectors have never locked up either.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:35 PM

How much spray are you running through your ZEX Dry Kit? At what point do you need 30 lb injectors on a dry kit?
Old 12-01-2002, 09:03 PM

i installed my zex kit today. all i can say is they give you what you dont need and not what you will need. i needed a longer nozzle line (that term probally isn't correct but it doesnt matter) to start with. then the vacuum line they supply (actually 3/16 fuel line) isnt even close to being long enough. the fuel line they supply for the pump install, isn't needed. they dont let you know that the white wire on the in-tank pump is the one you need to tap into (found that out on the second try) the supply line from the bottle is a little short IMHO. i had to run it in the car and then drop it back down in the shifter area, to get it to reach my mounting point. other than those small dislikes the kit was pretty easy to install. i wont be trying it out untill i get bigger injectors (for the simple fact , i already have a cam and a good set of heads on the car and dont belive that the 24# injectors will be able to keep up)so i cant tell you anything other than install issues. good luck in whatever choice you make.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:02 PM

I kind of agree a little with the last post. The line is not too short...if ran correctly. I too thought it was short at first, called zex, bitched, then.....realized I was running it wrong. In order for the line to be long enough it has to be run over the top left(if lying on your back under the car looking up to the gas tank) corner of the gas tank over the almost center of the axle and somewhat along the fuel line. My NMU is mounted where the stock airbox would be. If yours is not mounted there, then you might have problems with length. Unless you can fit it on the firewall. Would be tough..but possible.

Anyhow, I also needed to go to the hardware store and get about 7 ft of the hose needed for the FPR and Intake vaccum hookup. Thier supplied hose is definently wayy too short for where most people would install the box. However, I bet the hose is plenty long for all the imports that zex was initiall intended for. I mounted my inline fuel pump right where the plastic jack stand holder thing is on the drivers side, not in the metal lines. Soo, I was able to use the suplied hose, however, it was too big. I had to get really really thing hose, cut it and wrap it around the ends of the inline pump for the supplied lines to work without leaking. Everything else with my install went smoothly. The hardest part of my install was the purge....only because I made up my own custom purge. Which was another $125 dollars worth of line, connectors, nozzles, etc.

Good luck with the kit. Hope you end up liking it. FWIW..I was running 125 all the time with no timing pulled without any problems, adjustments, or timing pulled. Worked Great from run one. None of that figuring out with jet does what like NOS.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:21 PM

ya its good however i like NX