N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Whats The Best Kit For Me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM

Whats The Best Kit For Me?

Well I just got my motor done, in the car, 500 miles on it, and raced it all within a week.

Mods are...
fully forged 385 bottom end
racetronix fuel pump 255 walbro kit
42lb Ford Motorsports injecors
mildly ported intake
ported heads w/ stock valves
SPEC stage 3 clutch (so M6)
NGK TR6 plugs
MadZ28 tune

it ran in a muggy 80 degree day with my bald Nitto 245/16 drag radials a 12.35 @ 114mph with a 2.0 60'

so my question is, with my setup, how much nitrous should I shoot at it, and what kit should I go with. also, any suggestions to improve that et would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Re: Whats The Best Kit For Me?

With the mods that u have u can spray id say 150-200 hp shot for a conservative shot. You have the upgraded fuel pump the only thing i dont see is an upgraded ignition. If you dont have one i would look into the mallory 685 box. It is an all in one box that is the favored for most nitrous users. It has the built in window switch and the ability to retard timing when you are spraying.

What are your plugs gaped at? They are already one step colder than stock so they will be fine. Someone can give their two sense on going two steps colder or not.

As far as wet or dry shot goes, id say wet shot. IMO they are easier to tune and give the user more flexibility. In addition to the kit id say get a bottle heater, fuel pressure safety switch, and possibly purge for track use and for showing off what ya got . This way with the purge you can get the nitrous right up to the solenoid before each run so u arent spraying dead air at the beginning of the run. Also get a blowdown tube so that the nitrous will be track legal.

Their are a few vendors here that offer kits. I personally have one from harrisspeedworks and i love it.

I belive i covered the majority of it but any other questions just post them up.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:44 PM

do I need a window switch with an m6, or can I just get a wot switch? alos, whats involved with installing a wet kit vs a dry.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:51 PM

Without the window switch whenever u are at WOT and the nitrous is armed it will spray. So say u smash it off a dig and the system is armed u will spray right off the line. The window switch will not spray till the RPM's hit the window, say 3000 RPM to 6000 RPM is when u spray. As far as i know the only difference between a dry and wet kit when installing is having to tap into the schrader valve to get fuel to run to the solenoid then to the nozzle.