N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Vortech intake elbow ??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 10:00 PM

Vortech intake elbow ??????

I have just recently installed the Vortech intake elbow. I did not have the center divider removed and was wondering if that could affect the spray of the fogger nozzle? The nozzle is only spraying down the drivers side of the elbow I did not have any other place to mount it. I just changed my plugs and the #1 plug electrode was melted off. I was also wondering if that could also affect the ammount of N2O to each cyclinder and cause this type of plug problem?

Thanks

Lonnie
Old 06-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Banned

rofl, hell yes thats horrible for the motor. the passenger bank is most likely getting little to no nitrous.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:24 PM

The best thing for you to do is either get you a nitrous plate that goes between the throttle body and intake or move your nozzle farther up out of the elbow.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:51 PM

Do you think that it would be better to have the divider cut out of the elbow? I have seen other guys that have posted theirs was removed. It doesent look too hard to cut it out.

-Lonnie
Old 06-10-2003, 01:51 AM

Yes it would be better if you could get the middle section out. I really dont know how tough it is to get out but a buddy of mine tried to do his with a dremel and it really didnt make too much of a dent in it
Old 06-10-2003, 01:21 PM

i ounted my nozzle about 2 inches before the divider and have no problems.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:44 AM

I mounted a dual nozzle... one for each side.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:27 AM

Doesn't NX sell a MAF spray bar that eliminates the divider? It's in the Gemini Kit... P/N 20109
Old 06-22-2003, 10:54 AM

No intention to start a flame here, but...
Do you really think that by spraying with the divider in the elbow will distribute nitrous only to one side of the engine???
I think there is enough turbulence to distribute it evenly in the intake manifold, and besides that, there's vacuum in all cylinders...
Old 06-22-2003, 12:05 PM

hungry TA is right. the N2O is going to be drawn into each idividual intake runner as that cylinder's intake valve opens.

if you have ever looked into an LT1 intake you will see that it is all open inside...no divider....

all the divider in the elbow is for is to smooth the airflow as it comes throught the throttle body and into the intake. it does not matter if all the N2O is sprayed onto one side of that divider, it is going to be distibuted to each cylinder as equal as it can be given with a 'non-direct port' kit.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:07 PM

Dont think so the shortest path concept applies here. what is effectively happening is that only one throttle blade is getting the majority of the juice. the other blade is just getting air. if you have an equal amount of vacuum, even cylinders will be getting less juice and the odd cyl. (drivers side) will get the majority of the juice. number 1 cylinder getting the most. Is N2O denser than air? think about it
Old 06-22-2003, 09:37 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the divider you guys are referring to is at the MAF. There is a lot of turbulance after that point to thoroughly mix a dry N2O system.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Banned

we're not talking dry systems here. fogger nozzler implies a wet shot.

Its pretty simple, the nitrous is not going to go to all the cylinders. The passenger side is going to be severely deprived of nitrous.

the air is moving so fast into the cylinders, and the intake valves are open so much that the nitrous is NOT going to get pulled across the intake manifold as there is plain air over there already for it to inhale.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Wild1
If I'm not mistaken, the divider you guys are referring to is at the MAF. There is a lot of turbulance after that point to thoroughly mix a dry N2O system.
I have the Vortech Elbow as well it has a divider at the curve right up to the TB
Old 06-23-2003, 01:07 AM

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Quick Reply: Vortech intake elbow ??????