N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Pictures of an LT1 with nitrous installed, NOT hidden.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
EkS

Pictures of an LT1 with nitrous installed, NOT hidden.

Hey guys, looking into purchasing a nitrous kit for my car. I would like to know if anyone has taken pictures of your kit installed? Like where the noids, fuel pressure safety switch, and the nozzle were placed? Just have to start thinking of how I'm going to set everything up.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Last edited by Moshbmx1; 11-27-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 AM

Heres a few shots, I have since relocated the Mallory 685 box to the trunk, the solenoids are being moved closer to the right hand shock tower, and the wiring harness is being moved alongside the firewall. Will have updated pics sometime in the future.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 AM

Here are some off my old set up.

Dave
Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
EkS

Does anyone have a picture of the FPSS? Where should it be placed at to work effectively?

Also, where did you guys run the line from the bottle? In the inside or outside of the car? If in the inside did you make a hole on the firewall to pass the line? Did you install a grommet?

Anyone get a tune for nitrous? Or a stock tune okay?

Any other newbie suggestion, tricks that I should know about?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 AM

The FPSS is right behind the fuel solenoid on my install, you can kind of see it in the pics. I ran the line inside of the car and down the passenger side then out the gromet behind the pcm. I did get a tune for my car but not just for the nitrous. I wouldnt get a tune that say pulls timing all the time for spray, get a ignition that can pull timing. What kit were you looking at? Have you looked into any of the other supporting mods that you may need for nitrous? Like plugs, upgraded fuel pump, ignition, window switch, and all that other stuff and junk? Adding what you have done to your car in your sig is always helpful for people to give you suggestions on what to do and what route to take.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:17 AM
EkS

Originally Posted by Moshbmx1
The FPSS is right behind the fuel solenoid on my install, you can kind of see it in the pics. I ran the line inside of the car and down the passenger side then out the gromet behind the pcm. I did get a tune for my car but not just for the nitrous. I wouldnt get a tune that say pulls timing all the time for spray, get a ignition that can pull timing. What kit were you looking at? Have you looked into any of the other supporting mods that you may need for nitrous? Like plugs, upgraded fuel pump, ignition, window switch, and all that other stuff and junk? Adding what you have done to your car in your sig is always helpful for people to give you suggestions on what to do and what route to take.

I've looked at both the DynoTune kit and the Harris Speedwooks kit. I have looked at the other supporting mods for nitrous. For plugs, I'll get the NGK TR6, I have a year old Walboro FP (going to check idle and wot pressure this weekend), for a windows/TPS I'll be using the DynoTune piece, of course a FPSS. I'm going to leave the ignition stock as I'll only be running a 100 shot.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM

Dont forget to check out the Nityrous Outlet single nozzle kit as well.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=802

Ours does cost alittle more but you get a high flowing bottle valve and high flowing solenoids as well.
Dave
Old 11-28-2006, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave
Dont forget to check out the Nityrous Outlet single nozzle kit as well.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=802

Ours does cost alittle more but you get a high flowing bottle valve and high flowing solenoids as well.
Dave
Plus this month if you purchase a single nozzle kit you get a FREE purge kit.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 PM

You can't see my FPSS, it is buried under the strut tower brace. Nitro Dave is a good guy to deal with, I would check his stuff out to.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Administrator

The more I see of the complex wet system plumbing, the better I like the simplicity of my little ol' dry system.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
EkS

What's the farthest you can have the noids from the nozzle? Is there an advantage/disadvantage to having then only so far away?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 AM

The shorter the lines from the solenoid to the nozzle will get the juice to the motor faster. If you mount the solenoid 6" from the nozzle but still use a 2' line you didn't change anything.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM

Moshbmx1
is it jsut me or is your bottle mounted sideways isnt the label supposed to face up? and the line is supposed to face down?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel6718
Moshbmx1
is it jsut me or is your bottle mounted sideways isnt the label supposed to face up? and the line is supposed to face down?
The label is facing up on my bottle, but the line doesnt face down, its mounted in the right way, it just has the line-out on a different side.

Quick Reply: Pictures of an LT1 with nitrous installed, NOT hidden.