N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 01:45 AM

NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

Okay, here's the deal... I recently purchased a NX Gemeni Quad nitrous kit... I want to spray 200 first stage, 100 second stage... Most spray ever around 350 shot total.... Nx rates all of their kits at 10 psi flowing fuel pressure... My question is, can I safely run it at 6 psi, and just re-adjust my jet numbers???? If I had the jet numbers to run it correctly at those horsepower figures at 6psi, would it be safe???? The reason I'm asking is cause I want to run my nitrous fuel system with a holley blue pump, and dual regulators... Neither the blue pump, or the regulators will support 10psi... I know that there are some nitrous gurus on this site, so please help me out with this.... If I MUST run 10 psi, what pump, regulator combo should I use???? either reply to this post, or email me at webmaster@amarilloracers.com

Thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:07 AM

The holley regulator that comes with the blue pump works flawlessly at 10 psi+ for my combo. I would run a much better pump if you are going to spray that much. I run a product engineering 290gph pump that is rated at 18psi flowing. It is much better to run more pump than less pump. You will have no pressure drop with a bigger pump as you will with a smaller pump. I would not trust the holley blue with anything over 200hp shot. BTW you can adjust your jettings to account for a 6psi flowing pressure. All NOS kits are rated at 4.5psi (I think) so 6 psi would not be a problem. Are you running dual regulaotrs for the nitrous system or one reg for the nitrous and one for the motor? Are you running 2 fuel pumps or one?

Matt
Old 02-25-2004, 11:00 AM

Re: NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

Originally posted by MEAN_SBC
Okay, here's the deal... I recently purchased a NX Gemeni Quad nitrous kit... I want to spray 200 first stage, 100 second stage... Most spray ever around 350 shot total.... Nx rates all of their kits at 10 psi flowing fuel pressure... My question is, can I safely run it at 6 psi, and just re-adjust my jet numbers???? If I had the jet numbers to run it correctly at those horsepower figures at 6psi, would it be safe???? The reason I'm asking is cause I want to run my nitrous fuel system with a holley blue pump, and dual regulators... Neither the blue pump, or the regulators will support 10psi... I know that there are some nitrous gurus on this site, so please help me out with this.... If I MUST run 10 psi, what pump, regulator combo should I use???? either reply to this post, or email me at webmaster@amarilloracers.com

Thanks!!!
A 10 PSI tune is a good idea anyway, especially with that much nitrous. If you are going to spray that much horsepower, I would recommend running 10PSI of fuel pressure. Theoretically, you could run 6PSI and a smaller fuel jet, but think of it this way.

A 1 PSI pressure fluctuation on a 6 psi tuneup is a 16% fluctuation either rich or lean. A 1 PSI fluctuation on a 10 psi tuneup is only a 10% fluctuation rich or lean. 2 PSI is 33% on 6psi and only 20% on 10PSI. Better safe than sorry .
Old 02-25-2004, 07:37 PM

Re: NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

Thanks!!!
Okay, I'm really liking this product engineering pump.... I checked their website, and they look pretty tough... I am planning on running a fuel pump for the car, and a fuel pump for the nitrous... I'm using a Jaz 1 gallon fuel cell up front, and dual holley regulators.... If I use the internally bypassed pump, do I need to run a small return to the cell????? You guys' help has been greatly appreciated...!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:08 PM

Re: Re: NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

Okay, I'm really liking this product engineering pump.... I checked their website, and they look pretty tough... I am planning on running a fuel pump for the car, and a fuel pump for the nitrous... I'm using a Jaz 1 gallon fuel cell up front, and dual holley regulators.... If I use the internally bypassed pump, do I need to run a small return to the cell????? You guys' help has been greatly appreciated...!!!!
It depends... Do you have a link to the pump? I know the holley blues have an "internal bypass" but all it does is recirculate the fuel inside the pump until until the bypass becomes full. A few people make modified holley blues where you can actually run a return line off the pump.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:42 AM

Re: Re: NX Flowing Fuel Pressure (gemini quad)

I run a special y fitting at the fuel selenoid that has a small 3an return line to the top of the fuel cell. This line has a very small air bleed jet in it and is essentially an air bleed valve for the fuel line but right at the selenoid so it clears all the air out of the line. My system is setup like this and is basically deadheaded so when the selenoid is closed it is like at 12psi and when open at 10psi. Make sure you run decent size line too. I have a front mount Jaz 1 gallon too. I run 8an from the cell to the product engineering filter. 8an from the filter to the pump. 8an from the pump to the reg and 6an to the selenoid. E-mail or call Kurt Tamez. He has helped me when I built my fuel system and is really knowledgeable about this. He can also get you all the stuff you need for the system as far as the y-fitting, pump and filter.

The link to the pump http://productengr.com/PE_4300.htm . I run a PE4200.

Matt

Last edited by Nostang 96z; 02-26-2004 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by Nostang 96z
The holley regulator that comes with the blue pump works flawlessly at 10 psi+ for my combo. I would run a much better pump if you are going to spray that much. I run a product engineering 290gph pump that is rated at 18psi flowing. It is much better to run more pump than less pump. You will have no pressure drop with a bigger pump as you will with a smaller pump. I would not trust the holley blue with anything over 200hp shot. BTW you can adjust your jettings to account for a 6psi flowing pressure. All NOS kits are rated at 4.5psi (I think) so 6 psi would not be a problem. Are you running dual regulaotrs for the nitrous system or one reg for the nitrous and one for the motor? Are you running 2 fuel pumps or one?

Matt
I was planning on using 2 of those regulators that come with a holley blue pump, but it says they are only good from 4-9 psi... They work fine at 10 psi???? If that's the case, I'll go ahead and use them with whatever pump I choose... I found kind of a good deal on a holley volumax 250 gph pump... They come preset at 15 psi.... Would this pump be sufficient????
Old 02-27-2004, 05:32 AM

I was planning on using 2 of those regulators that come with a holley blue pump, but it says they are only good from 4-9 psi... They work fine at 10 psi???? If that's the case, I'll go ahead and use them with whatever pump I choose... I found kind of a good deal on a holley volumax 250 gph pump... They come preset at 15 psi.... Would this pump be sufficient????
Yup the regulator works up to 12psi + AFAIK. I have yet to try it higher but really don't need to. The Holley you mentioned will be fine for up to 350hp shot just make sure you run 8ga wire to the pump and a good relay.

Matt