N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Mastermind HELP Needed

Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Question Nitrous Mastermind HELP Needed

I'm hoping you guys could help me by answering a question I have about my Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind unit? I have desperately tried to contact Jacobs but as you might already know their customer service stinks to the high heavens!! I have a 1994 Z28 and some years back I purchased a Nitrous Mastermind from Summit Racing because they told me it would fit my vehicle. They sold me the 383806 Nitrous Mastermind. Now some years later I am getting ready to make the install so I've been forced to do a little research. I just realized that what they sold me was for carbed vehicles and not fuel injected like my own? The fuel injected version would be the 383856. As you can imagine I am pissed but there is nothing I can do because Summit doesn't carry Jacobs Electronics any longer. Now I know the two units have different Hobbs switches but other than that I don't know what is different?? I just purchased the correct size Hobbs switch I just need to know if I can install the Nitrous Mastermind on my 94' Z28 or I definitely need to sell the 383806 and buy a 383856?? Is it possible to install a 383806 on my fuel injected vehicle? Just so you know I have the Accel 300+ ignition system already installed. Thank you for your help. I've been waiting for some years now getting the whole nitrous setup and now I'm ready to install it all just to hit this problem which Summit won't help and either will Jacobs?? I am so frustrated.

-Chris
Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 AM

Bummer. I dont have an answer but might try an email to nitrous outlet and to Jacobs. Based on how my controller hooks up I would say you may not have a throttle position sensor hookup given the unit uses that info( do you have a wot switch?) Im guessing it may want an rpm signal and dont know if that would be any different either. The controller I have has a window switch and throttle position switch, gear lockouts and a progressive controller. Im thinking it was under $200. Good luck.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Re: Nitrous Mastermind HELP Needed

Yes, the nitrous mastermind acts as a window switch and I do have a WOT switch. I have written Jacobs like ten times and have gotten NOTHING in return?? I'm finding out through research online that many company's have told customers to buy the 383806 Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind when they tell them they have newer fuel injected vehicles. So I am thinking that it it able to work with fuel injected cars. I did find out that the Hobbs switch was different and the pressure was too low for my car so I got a new one, I just can't find out whether or not the units themselves are compatible?? I never would have found out about the two model numbers if I wasn't surfing the Jacobs Australia website and found the two Nitrous Mastermind models?? It's a damn shame because it does have all the bells and whistles I just don't know if I can use it?? I shall take your advice and contact nitrous outlet and see if they know?? It cost between $400 and $500 (I think) and I bought it like 9 years ago, but it's still new in the box. I have been taking my time over the years collecting all the goodies and now I have everything and am ready for the install...

-Chris
Old 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM

Does anybody have a Jacobs 383806 Nitrous Mastermind installed on their fuel injected vehicle(s)??

-Chris
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 AM

You did not mention how you are going to inject the fuel and
nitrous into your engine. If the 383806 is a carburetored model
then you will need the two fuel/nitrous injectors that spray
directly into your throttle body or the throttle body plate
from the LT1 plate system model. The LT1 models were
also available in dry kits but you would need more pieces to
make it work with your carb kit. Also, the jetting is a little
different so you will have to buy a package of jets
for an LT1 model.