N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM

need help

hy guys im new to the forum but looks like every body nows what there talking about. here is my question i have a 1994 camaro z with a 1995 lt1 in it with a 4l60e, lt4 hot cam, long tube headders, no cats and 3 inch flowmaster exhaust and a fresh reuild less than 200 miles on it. now i want to put nitrous on it but i have no idea was size shot or what brand and if i need to do anything to the fuel system i was told nx is a good brand and i could shoot 150 shot in it with no problems.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:16 PM

I would think a 150 shot shouldn't be a problem if set up correctly. A aftermarket fuel pump, a way to pull timing, and some TR7 (BR7EF) plugs should be in the mix too.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM

would a wallbro fuel pump do the trick my buddy has one that came of his supercharge lt1. and i think that i will just have the pcm tunned for nitrous
Old 12-16-2009, 06:35 PM

here's what you would want to do to be safe , have your car tuned properly , run 1 to 2 steps colder on your spark plugs because they turn into a blow torch when the nitrous sprays lol, you need u need some kind of ign box that will retard timimng when the n2o is activated, also run at least 1 to 2 steps fatter on the fuel jet to be on the safe side till you get your timing retard correct for your 150 shot, if i was you i would run some kind of a booster inline fuel pump , to make sure u stay at the correct AFR and fuel pressure threwout the whole run and rpm range , you can use a 1992-95 ford f-150 with a efi v-8.the fuel pump that mounts on the frame of those trucks for a cheap booster fuel pump . that pump will more than supply enough fuel and pressure for your 150 shot

, good luck with your nitrous, your probably going to want 6-8 deg total timing retard for your 150 shot , also what kind of rotating assembly are you running , stock rebuild, or stock crank, rods and forged pistons?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

You might want to read this first:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=539354
Old 12-17-2009, 08:33 AM

the bottom end is stock rebuild with less than 200 miles on it and yes i did read the thread about how to pick nitrous and that help alot.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2 fast z28
would a wallbro fuel pump do the trick my buddy has one that came of his supercharge lt1. and i think that i will just have the pcm tunned for nitrous
To work at it's peak it would be nice to have the Hotwire kit too. I have the same pump. If you tune through your pcm for the nitrous it's going to be a dog off the bottle. Your better off with a good ign. box. I consider a bottle heater a must have also. You need the bottle at the same pressure every time you spray so that your tune stays the same.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Untouchable
here's what you would want to do to be safe , have your car tuned properly , run 1 to 2 steps colder on your spark plugs because they turn into a blow torch when the nitrous sprays lol, you need u need some kind of ign box that will retard timimng when the n2o is activated, also run at least 1 to 2 steps fatter on the fuel jet to be on the safe side till you get your timing retard correct for your 150 shot, if i was you i would run some kind of a booster inline fuel pump , to make sure u stay at the correct AFR and fuel pressure threwout the whole run and rpm range , you can use a 1992-95 ford f-150 with a efi v-8.the fuel pump that mounts on the frame of those trucks for a cheap booster fuel pump . that pump will more than supply enough fuel and pressure for your 150 shot

, good luck with your nitrous, your probably going to want 6-8 deg total timing retard for your 150 shot , also what kind of rotating assembly are you running , stock rebuild, or stock crank, rods and forged pistons?

This statement is the worse advice given. Extra fuel in a nitrous motor is not safe and will take the tension out of the rings. You can get away with a lot on small tunes and most nitrous companies recommended starting point is all ready rich. I run the same afr on nitrous as I do on motor.

I have even been leaner on nitrous and didn't hurt anything. But pulling timing is important.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM

when you guys say a good ing. box what am i looking for like a msd 6a or what and yes the wallbro pump does have the hot wire kit and what is to much fuel will that pump be to much thanks alot guys
Old 12-22-2009, 06:37 PM

A mallory 685 is an excellant box which comes with a window switch, 2 step, rev limiter, and timing retard during nitrous usage.