N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

!!HELP!! Nitrous Which One Is Best

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:22 PM

Exclamation !!HELP!! Nitrous Which One Is Best

Hi I need to buy a nitrous kit I'm deciding between nos,nitrous works, and edelbrock. I am totally stumped. Cant decide between wet or dry system also. Man this stinks I hope someone has the answer for me I would appreciate any opinion Thanks...Phil

Last edited by CAMZ97; 03-30-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 PM

Why do you NEED a nitrous system? It sounds like you don't know much about it at all. Look at some nitrous websites and read the nitrous forum. Learn some then bother people here riceboy.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by RacerTim
Why do you NEED a nitrous system? It sounds like you don't know much about it at all. Look at some nitrous websites and read the nitrous forum. Learn some then bother people here riceboy.
Why you call him a riceboy?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:13 PM

Try reading this....www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html

This will give you a good understanding of n2o and you
will be able to make an informed decision.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:16 PM

Ya your right, he sounds like he donesnt know much about it. THATS WHY HE ASKED A QUESTION BUTTPLUG! Go be a d!ck on some other forum, this one is meant to help people learn about their cars, not to make fun of people for trying to get some info.

CAM,

it would be good to know about how much of a shot you would like to run, and also your current mods. Sorry for the ignorant member, we're not all like that.

Paul
Old 03-30-2004, 10:48 PM

Im glad I didnt get someone like that when I was learning the ropes. geeez ! anyway I have the nitrous works wet kit and its been fine,nx from what I have heard also makes a nice kit,Im partial to wet kits myself.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:59 PM

Thanks

No need to apologize for him. And yes when it comes to nitrous I dont know much as for the shot I was told that the car should be able to handle a 100 shot and staying in the safety margin. I think that NOS and NX express is big and nitrous works is a smaller company judjing by their web sites. someone also told me that the wet system is a safer system by not relying on the computer to bump up fuel pressure. What i didnt mention before is that I have the hypertech power programmer installed if that makes a difference....Thanks Again Phil
Old 03-30-2004, 11:16 PM

LT1s should be good up to 150 if you do it right. You should get a Fuel pressure safety switch, WOT switch, Window switch(controls what RPM it sprays between), and also change your spark plugs to a few heat ranges colder than stock. I dont know too much about the individual nitrous systems, so maybe someone else can chime in with their experiences.

Paul
Old 03-30-2004, 11:19 PM

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by CAMZ97
No need to apologize for him. And yes when it comes to nitrous I dont know much as for the shot I was told that the car should be able to handle a 100 shot and staying in the safety margin. I think that NOS and NX express is big and nitrous works is a smaller company judjing by their web sites. someone also told me that the wet system is a safer system by not relying on the computer to bump up fuel pressure. What i didnt mention before is that I have the hypertech power programmer installed if that makes a difference....Thanks Again Phil
Take off the power programming before you install a nitrous system. THe hypertech program is garbage anyway. The unit itself is nice for things like shift points and gear swap adjustments, but other than that, dont use it.

I personally prefer the wet system, but both systems work really well. Do a fuel pressure test before you spray, make sure the pump is still in good shape, and invest in a fuel pressure safety switch.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:20 AM

another vote for wet kits Im kinda partial to my tnt but then again I havent tried another brand I just like there nice solenoids and dual nozzles
Old 03-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Racer Tim:

With an attitude like that, your days here are numbered. You have been warned.
Originally posted by CAMZ97
....... someone also told me that the wet system is a safer system by not relying on the computer to bump up fuel pressure.
Just to clarify, the NOS 5176 dry kit does not rely on the PCM to increase the fuel pressure.... the PCM can't change fuel pressure. The kit takes a small, low pressure stream from the nitrous supply, and uses it to apply a pressure to the vacuum compensation port on the fuel pressure regulator. That is what increases the fuel pressure, which in turn delivers more fuel for a given injector pulse width.

I ran the NOS 5176 dry kit for 5 years, at 125-150HP, with no problems. Currently running a dry setup ar close to 300HP. Nothing wrong with dry systems, as long as they are correctly set up.

I would at least look at the various kits from NX, NOS and TNT. Also, there are a few "nitrous" online writeups for beginners.

Nitrous Oxide 101

New To Nitrous

If wanting nitrous makes you a "riceboy".... call me "Uncle Ben"
Old 03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Injuneer
Racer Tim:

With an attitude like that, your days here are numbered. You have been warned.
Yup. Acting like that is one of the quickest ways to get yourself a permanent vacation from this site.

Originally posted by Injuneer

If wanting nitrous makes you a "riceboy".... call me "Uncle Ben"
Old 03-31-2004, 02:45 PM

im partial to my TNT kit cause of the incredable gains i got from it. but yeah man dont be afraid to ask questions cause of a guy like that the stupidest thing to do is install something like n2o without knowing anything about it. ask away all the guys here are cool and helpful.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:42 PM

I wasn't tyring to be a jerk. There is just such a wealth of information on this board as well as countless others. For every 1 message I post here, Ive probably read 100. Just read the N20 forums. Another great website I found was:

http://www.nitrous.info
Old 03-31-2004, 07:44 PM

Talking Wow everyone here is great

Just want to say thanks for all the great info i learned alot in these to days I'm still undecided I really like nos because they have a long history, and now I'm not so scared of a dry system. I was freaking out because of the fuel issue if it didnt match the nitro shot. Thats why I kept leaning towards the wet. Any more info is always appreciated, I now know that I have to remove the power programmer for the nitrous. I just hope that I dont need it with the cam being installed as I write this, Its a comp cam 503 224/230...Again thanks

Quick Reply: !!HELP!! Nitrous Which One Is Best