N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Exper. w/dynotune kits? N20 Q's??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 PM

Exper. w/dynotune kits? N20 Q's??

Im looking into gettin a basic LT1 wet kit and Ive been checking out Dynotune kits and HarrisSpeedworks kits. Anybody got any pros/cons for either? Are the solenoids good? Quality parts? Customer service? Etc.?

Also, I live in FL and I was told I wouldnt need a bottle heater, but I would think if you wanna shoot consistently, I should get one. Thoughts on that? What if I wanted to spray 2 runs back to back? Doesn't the bottle temp. change after a run? I was looking at the auto. bottle heater kit. Any input on these topics would be greatly appreciated as this is my first venture into the N20 world.

Right now Im just looking for around 150hp kit to go on a h/c car with bolt ons and converter and see how much power I can make b4 I grenade the bottom end. Hence why I want to make sure this setup is correctly installed. I have an MSD timing retard box for the N20, and Ill be running 30 lb. FMS injectors. Will I need to swap my fuel pump out to get more fuel to the rail to be safe or can the stocker handle this?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 AM

Re: Exper. w/dynotune kits? N20 Q's??

I also live in florida...IMO you will want a bottle heater to get your pressure "exactly" where you want it......my bottle stays in the car 24/7 and it's natural pressure is rarely where I want it, so a heater is pretty much a must for me........IMO, You can't go wrong with Harris speedworks....as you can see from the mods in my sig, Im currently running an NOS wet kit which works good also, but in the future I will be doing a direct port system from Harris when my 383 bottom end is completed and I can safely spray some higher shots which will then warrant the use of a direct port kit......I have a few friends with Harris nitrous set-ups and they're of real good quality, and customer service is good as well..........I would also recomend an additional fuel pump, I run the racetronix unit (in tank) and an NOS walbro push style pump on the outside of the tank, It may be overkill but IME, two pumps are always better than one, and Iv'e yet to have a problem(knock on wood LOL).....If you use all the failsafes IE: good fuel pump, fuel pressure safety switch, a window switch, a good working ignition, a step or two colder plugs(I run autolite 103's and like them the best for up to a 175 shot).... To be safe pull 2 degrees of timing per 50HP nitrous increase with your retard box that you have , and if your motor is in alright condition to begin with it should be fine for a lot of years......on the stock bottom end, I have over 6 years running a 150 shot, and am now running a 125 shot (to the wheels) since January with the below mods(been thru too many bottles to count )......also, make certain not to ever hit the factory "fuel cutting" revlimiter while spraying, program it way high like 7200 RPMs, or have the window switch set to shut the juice off before you hit it....Iv'e seen quite a few people hit the factory revlimiter while spraying and destroy the motor in an instant.......good luck with it

Last edited by Joe B; 06-07-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 AM

Old 06-12-2006, 10:55 PM

anybody else?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:56 AM

Have a dynotune nitrous kit it works great nice kit. All single nozzle wet kits are the same as far as im concerned, I think ether are going to be the best the best bang for your buck.