N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

dry nitrous problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 04:29 PM

dry nitrous problem

I recently installed a dry NOS kit on a friend's '95 Camaro Z28 and I'm having some problems. The kit he brought me to install was a used kit off of an LS1 so it was missing the nitrous regulator (the blue thing with the vacuum hose fitting on it that goes between the solenoids) and the inline fuel pump. I installed a suitable inline pump and just happened to have a regulator from a universal NOS dry EFI kit, so I used it. I installed the kit according to NOS instructions for an LT1 kit (except I mounted the solenoids on top of the intake manifold) and once a bottle heater and an MSD ignition system were installed, it worked great. Once. He brought it back to me and said it seemed like it was airlocking. I drove the car, and when I attempted to spray it, the car just bogged for a second, and there was no change in performance no matter how long I held it. I put it in the shop, took the line off of the fogger nozzle, hit the switch and air came out, without much pressure. I have pressure (and nitrous) going into the solenoids, and I have no leaks. Then, I pulled the vacuum line off the nitrous regulator and hit the switch. Air and some nitrous came out of the fitting. Is this supposed to happen? Is this my problem? I don't know much about dry kits so I'm in the dark here.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-30-2003, 06:29 PM

Re: dry nitrous problem

Originally posted by Fonzy
Iwhen I attempted to spray it, the car just bogged for a second, and there was no change in performance no matter how long I held it. I put it in the shop, took the line off of the fogger nozzle, hit the switch and air came out, without much pressure.

Just air? No n2o? Sounds like your bottle may be empty.Have you weighed it?

Jared.