N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

anyone with a remote bottle opener, question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 03:55 PM

anyone with a remote bottle opener, question

Well, I have the NX remote bottle opener. It works fine, BUT sometimes I have the problem of the valve on the bottle itself getting hard to turn and the clutch in the opener will spin and I can't get the bottle to open or close. I would have to go and turn the bottle open/close by hand and free it, then put that remote bottle opener back on. I tried wd40 on the valve, I hope it works better. Anyone else ever have this problem, I'm just wondering if I just have a sticky valve on my bottle or if this is more common problem. Thanks

Brian
Old 02-13-2004, 05:06 PM

Yes, I occasionally have this problem.

It started recently. It used to work just fine. So I am thinking it might be time to tighten the clutch up. You might try that and see if it works.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:22 PM

Yes....
You need to tighten up the clutch.
I dont have mine anymore cause 1 of my bottles is in the truck for race days...so i have time to open it up...and my other one is under the seat just incase i need to open a can on someone on the street. And its easy to open...

But yes...Just tighten it up...Should be fine.
Sent me a message if you need anymore help.

-Alex
Old 02-13-2004, 10:22 PM

thanks guys, thats something along the lines of what I was thinking. Since I don't have the directions, can someone give me a brief rundown on the proper way to tighten the clutch, such as where is the adjustment, and how much of a turn I should tighten it, I don't want to break anything. Or better yet, anyone have a scanned copy of the directions??? Thanks again

Brian
Old 02-15-2004, 04:25 PM

When you think its tight enough ...tighten it more....mine is very tight and works great now. Also make sure not to bind the valve opener when you put the top piece in place.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:50 PM

Clarify...

I have just installed an NOS remote bottle opener. I have only bench tested it. I don't understand the problem you are having but it seems to be common. Can you explain again what happens with your bottle opener? Does it happen only to that brand or does the NOS bottle opener do it as well.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by Hawk
thanks guys, thats something along the lines of what I was thinking. Since I don't have the directions, can someone give me a brief rundown on the proper way to tighten the clutch, such as where is the adjustment, and how much of a turn I should tighten it, I don't want to break anything. Or better yet, anyone have a scanned copy of the directions??? Thanks again

Brian
Its very simple to tighten. The clutch\gear has a bolt thru it. Hold the nut with a wrench and tighten the screw....it may take a few adjustments to get it tight enough.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:09 AM

Re: Clarify...

Originally posted by mario595
I have just installed an NOS remote bottle opener. I have only bench tested it. I don't understand the problem you are having but it seems to be common. Can you explain again what happens with your bottle opener? Does it happen only to that brand or does the NOS bottle opener do it as well.
I belive the NOS opener is a silinoid type not a gear type like the NX piece is.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:17 PM

i had the problem too and could not get it right. I ended up just taking it off since the only time my car is run is at the track where I can open the bottle by hand.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by gb95zconv
Its very simple to tighten. The clutch\gear has a bolt thru it. Hold the nut with a wrench and tighten the screw....it may take a few adjustments to get it tight enough.
Just wanted to give my update--I did the above and it works perfectly now. One could tell it needed tightened when I went to do it, as the screw was somewhat loose.