N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Any pics of bottle mounted on hump?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 10:16 PM

Any pics of bottle mounted on hump?

Hi guys I just got a NX wet kit and the first thing i've been thinking about is where i am going to put the bottle. I would like to put it somewhere that is easily assecible so i do not need to get a remote opener. How have your experiences gone with putting the bottle on the hump? Is it a pain if you have passengers back there? Are the lines easy to run? Any other tips and pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt
Old 08-31-2003, 10:36 AM

I don't have any pics, but it's pretty easy to do. There's really nothing below the car that is affected by you mounting it there. For the nitrous line I just drilled a hole under seat and ran it out under the car, it came out pretty nice, I think.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:57 AM

On my 2002 I didn't need to drill any holes in the car. I'm pretty sure all 4th gen floor pans the same. Take out the rear driver side seat (1 bolt) and reach your hand under the carpet. There should be an ~1.5" diameter rubber plug. You might be able to see the plug if you look from under the car. Pop the plug out and cut a hole in it. It makes for a good grommet so the line isn't touching bare metal. The line will run down right besid the seat. I also ran a line from my blowdown tube out this hole (had to stay track legal) there was plenty of room for both.

Dustin
Old 08-31-2003, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the input. I was wondering if there would be a plug liek that b/c i had noticed one when i was peeking around on the deck area of the hatch. I am hoping to make the install a fairly clean one.... did u bolt the bottle brackets directly to the metal under the hump?

Thanks,
Kurt
Old 08-31-2003, 07:13 PM

I've got pics from my digital camera of my install. I welded together the mounting bracket out of some sheet metal. It looks pretty good in my opinion. I would like to get your guys input on it but I have no way of posting a link for them. Can I email them to somebody, so you can post them for me? I'd like to get some input on it. I also used the factory holes and bolt for the seat belt, and it didn't affect how anything sits.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:05 PM

Here are some pic's of mine I took the seats out when i put the roll bar in. but when the seats were still in it as just an arm rest for passangers. As long as the bottle heater wasnt on. I just used muffler hangers that I picked up for free at my local muffler shop.It worked out great. Here are the pics.Bottel Pic 1

found one with the seat's still in but it's alittle dark..Bottel Pic 2

There are more pics in the sig.

Last edited by funina91ss; 09-02-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:07 PM

what kind of brackets do you need to mount the bottle there???