N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

All those with NOS 5176 kit inside please

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM

All those with NOS 5176 kit inside please

All right so heres the deal, we all know it gets extra fuel from the FPR and bumps the FP. What are you guys doing for durable FPR's? I blew my FPR up this w/e. It is shooting fuel back out of the FPR. The only thing I can figure is it couldnt handle the preasure of the nitrous. It is a stock FPR, and I am running a .073 nitrous jet and the .042 fuel tee. This set up is giving me 11.5 A/F.

Next question, Do any of you have problems blowing the hose off that goes to the tee and FPR? Mine as done this numerous times. Ive clamped the **** out of it and it still does it. Also I just recently converted the noid to tee hose to brake line because the nitrous would freeze and crack the hose then blow nitrous out the cracks. Am I just running to big of a shot through this system?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Re: All those with NOS 5176 kit inside please

You are running the nitrous signal through the blue pressure regulator, and then to the tee in the line to the FPR??? It sounds like the blue pressure regulator may not be working, and the pressure in the line to the FPR is too high. That would explain both of your problems. You do not want to apply full nitrous pressure (900psi) to that line or the FPR.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 PM

So what do I need?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Administrator

So...... what do you have? Do you have the blue pressure regulator in the system? If you do, you have to find a way to see what the pressure is in the line from the pressure regulator to the tee in the FPR vacuum line.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by my94blackz
All right so heres the deal, we all know it gets extra fuel from the FPR and bumps the FP. What are you guys doing for durable FPR's? I blew my FPR up this w/e. It is shooting fuel back out of the FPR. The only thing I can figure is it couldnt handle the preasure of the nitrous. It is a stock FPR, and I am running a .073 nitrous jet and the .042 fuel tee. This set up is giving me 11.5 A/F.

Next question, Do any of you have problems blowing the hose off that goes to the tee and FPR? Mine as done this numerous times. Ive clamped the **** out of it and it still does it. Also I just recently converted the noid to tee hose to brake line because the nitrous would freeze and crack the hose then blow nitrous out the cracks. Am I just running to big of a shot through this system?
Just Like Injuneer mentioned, I would check the pressure of the BLUE NOS regulator thats placed inbetween your two nitrous solenoids , Get your bottle pressure up to the normal 900 to 1000 PSI, and put a vacuum gauge that will read positive pressure (most will) to see how much pressure the blue NOS regulator is putting out when the nitrous solenoids are triggered...It should be APROX 40-55 LBS.....I ran the NOS 5174 nitrous kit which is pretty much the same exact layout as the 5176 kit (but instead for the LT1 corvette) for we'll over 6 years and never once had the factory fuel regulator go out, Nor did the rubber tubing ever freeze crack or give out coming from the blue NOS regulator to the factory fuel regulator.....the 40-55 LBS of pressure shouldn't cause those probs, unless you have a defective or broken part inside the blue NOS regulator causing excess pressure(has it ever been apart to add or remove the washers inside to change it's output pressure?).....I also ran the same nitrous jet and fuel tee jet your running and it worked fine, but mabe worth mentioning (on my car) I had even better AF ratios, and much smoother performance with a .67 nitrous jet and a .42 fuel tee)...In any event, if it ends up being your NOS regulator and you can't get it fixed for some reason, I have my old one that works perfect sitting in my closet and your welcome to it, just let me know

Last edited by Joe B; 06-13-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:31 PM

Here is what I had (fuzzy pic I know) This pic has the line going to the copper tee. I know it says FPR. but it goes to the tee.

After the line froze I went to a brake line which is probably smaller than the hose going to the Tee. The hose going from the tee to the FPR is just like in the pic above.

Ill put a vacumm tester to the blue reg. and give you more results
Old 06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Be careful.... if the blue pressure regulator isn't working, you could be seeing 900psi in that line. A "vacuum tester" might explode.