Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

what's good in phoenix??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 09:25 PM

what's good in phoenix??

i'm planning to do a road trip to phoenix AZ...just curious what do you guys have there as an entertainment...i went to SF, and i love it so much......beautiful scenery and you can enjoy yourself just crusing around to golden gate and china town without spending that much money...i love that kind of place.....
Old 02-18-2003, 10:05 PM

If you like the sights, check out Sedona--about 2 hours from Phoenix. Grand Canyon is ~5 hours north.

-Rob
Old 02-18-2003, 10:56 PM

grand canyon is the way to go....i'll go there...how far is it from LA?? i mean how many miles?? btw, thanks for the info
Old 02-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Grand Canyon (south rim)is well over 400 miles from LA...North Rim is a little further. Grand Canyon is nice and scenic, but you can only see the same view from a different angle so many times. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to spend a couple hours, but if you're planning on spending more than a day or two, I hope you have some other activities planned (hiking, mountain biking, etc.), cause you'll get bored quickly.

Also don't plan on taking the mule rides into the canyon...those are usually booked about a year in advance and run a few hundred dollars per person.

If you've got a truck or SUV, look into getting a trail book that lists off-road trails in the Grand Canyon area. That's a nice way to see some unspoiled back country areas without spending money for a tour or something.

Last edited by Hugger Orange V-6; 02-19-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:27 AM

Originally posted by Hugger Orange V-6
Grand Canyon (south rim)is well over 400 miles from LA...North Rim is a little further. Grand Canyon is nice and scenic, but you can only see the same view from a different angle so many times. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to spend a couple hours, but if you're planning on spending more than a day or two, I hope you have some other activities planned (hiking, mountain biking, etc.), cause you'll get bored quickly.

Also don't plan on taking the mule rides into the canyon...those are usually booked about a year in advance and run a few hundred dollars per person.

If you've got a truck or SUV, look into getting a trail book that lists off-road trails in the Grand Canyon area. That's a nice way to see some unspoiled back country areas without spending money for a tour or something.
wow thanks for the info, nahh, i'm planning to spend a couple of hours over there...i like to cruise, and to enjoy moments and scenery...i believe it improves my knowledge....i would like to see grand canyon, record a video with my camcorder, smoke a cigarette or two, then i'm off to find another scenery.....so thanks again for the advice dude
Old 02-20-2003, 08:35 PM

My favorite Drive

This is my favorite drive especially this time of year...

93 north from Phx to wickenburg then 89 north thru Yarnell and prescott then take 89A through Cottonwood - Sedona then to flagstaff. Nice twisties all the way through... Awesome, awesome Drive....

Old 02-20-2003, 11:00 PM

cant wait till my spring break to go to grand canyon.....