Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

The Dyno Shop in San Diego...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 04:48 PM

The Dyno Shop in San Diego...

Hey Guys,

Check out this website:

http://dynoperformance.com/

It belongs to Dyno Performance in San Diego (Santee). I just got my car dyno'd there a couple of weeks ago and they are building this great website that is going to feature all the cars they test. The site will store all the dyno graphs and also includes a cool forum.

Check out the Dyno Days that they are putting together. I got two pulls for $30.00. I thought it was a great deal!

Just wanted to pass this along!

E
Old 04-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Yeah the DYNO SHOP is a great place. Dynoed my 72 nova there to the tune 284rwhp. They also did the header and hi-flo cat install on my 95z28.

Shawn
Old 04-15-2003, 06:40 PM

Cool
Old 04-16-2003, 12:16 PM

Hey, can they dyno tune there too? I need to tune in my 383 reaaaaaally bad. If they can I'll bring it out here with me from TX.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:59 PM

They can dyno tune it but I believe it is WAYYYY to much to do that. The guys there are cool but some of their pricing is way too high. I needed an MSD distributor and they wanted like 220% of list price. I think they charge like a $1000 to dyno tune . Not Joking either. But I could be wrong ... give em a call.

Shawn
Old 04-16-2003, 07:25 PM

Uhm, for $1000, I'd rather switch to an Accel speed density system & do it myself. Sheez, it'd even be cheaper for me to cart the car down to Ed Wright instead.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:16 PM

Like I said, I could be wrong butI dont think so. I have dropped some coin in that shop for things that I feel would have cost a lot less elsewhere. They did a real good job on my headers and for the best price I could find as well. If I remember I spent like $400 something for header install and that was with them replacing my cat with a 3inch hi-flo.

Shawn
Old 04-17-2003, 03:27 AM

Thumbs down Coast me More than that !

I was at the Dyno shop April 3rd for a 2 puller...Coast me $85.00
bucks for 2 pulls ( wanted to see what my 96 with a New Powerdyne 4.5. was putting out ). Then the Sop told me I was running LEAN.....Make a long story Short AND $1000.00 Dollars
later.....THE PROBLEM WAS NOT FIXED....The Dyno shop fixed a
bad wire, installed new plugs, and put an outta tank Aceel fuel pump............. $1000 DOLLARS and I'm STILL LEAN !!! Plus I had anafter market fuel pressure reg they were supposed to install.........then come to find out,they did not want to install that. COME ON GUYS !!!
The DYNO SHOP SAID I HAD A BAD MAF..I was getting a P0100 Code. ( We will see...I just ordered another aftermarket one ). We will see !
This shop is Good for checking out your HP, BUT NOT FINE
TUNING !!!!

I DO BELIEVE THE ONLY PLACE THAT SHOULD BE "MESSING" WITH THE LT1 Is "TOP FLIGHT CORVETTE" (Lawton) .
Anyone agree ??Good Machine's are hard to Find !!!

Mack
Old 04-17-2003, 03:39 AM

Thumbs down Re:DYNO SHOP !

I was at the Dyno shop April 3rd for a 2 puller...Coast me $85.00
for 2 pulls ( wanted to see what my 96 with a New Powerdyne 4.5. was putting out ). Then the Sop told me I was running LEAN.....Make a long story Short AND $1000.00 Dollars-
later!!.(And my Z down for 2 dys !!)....THE PROBLEM WAS NOT FIXED....The Dyno shop fixed a
bad wire, installed new plugs, and put a Aceel fuel pump on............. $1000 DOLLARS and I'm STILL LEAN !!! Plus I had a after market fuel pressure reg they were supposed to install.........then come to find out, they did not want to install that. COME ON GUYS !!! I do not mind paying for work ...BUT FIX IT !!!
The DYNO SHOP SAID I HAD A BAD MAF..I was getting a P0100 Code. ( We will see...I just ordered another aftermarket one ).
This shop is Good for checking out your HP, BUT NOT FINE
TUNING !!!!

I DO BELIEVE THE ONLY PLACE THAT SHOULD BE "MESSING" WITH THE LT1 Is "TOP FLIGHT CORVETTE" (Lawton) .
Anyone agree ??Good Machine's are hard to Find !!!

Mack
rolleyes:
Old 04-17-2003, 10:00 AM

Re: Re:DYNO SHOP !

Damn! Sorry to hear about your hassles. I went there strictly for a Dyno run two days after you. They had a scheduled DynoDay and only charged advanced payers $30. The cars were lined up that day and no wonder!

I probably wouldn't have bothered if it were $85...

I haven't had any work done there, so I can't tell you about their work.

I have heard alot of things about Top Flight, but I have no personal experience with them.

If you can get in during a dyno day, I highly recommend The Dyno Shop for dynoruns. They get you in and out, and there were a lot of pretty cool cars there that day.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:11 PM

Hope new MAF works !

They are Cool, but my WALLET was HURTING when I left !! . it
seemed like there was some GUESS work going on.
Like I said, I don't mind spending $$$$$, JUST GIVE ME
WHAT I PAY FOR !!

Yup, it's Reg $85 for 2 pulls

Old 04-18-2003, 02:07 AM

I really wouldn't recommend Lawton to anyone for bolt on type stuff like headers, or something that you cold do in your garage. But for engine work such as rebuilds, cam installs not to bad. He installed some Hooker LT's on my 95 formula and I provided him with all the parts. I gave him the stage eight locking bolts and he didn;t put the locks in, a week later 4 bolts were missing. I was new to cars at this point. Two years later I now do the work myself. I also had 3 plug wires burd and he never recomended a custom routed set, I took the car back to him and he just grabbed some wires out of a box and threw them on.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:15 AM

Unhappy

Dammmmmmmmm no Sh*%? That's good to know ! Anyone
good at fine tuning ????