Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

Anyone in Phoenix Willing to race?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 01:33 AM

Question Anyone in Phoenix Willing to race?

Hey GM guys,

I am here trying to get some support for the GM Hot Team in Arizona.

Hot Teams Racing competes GM, Ford and Mopar in heads up team racing. It is always 5 GM vs 5 Mopar matched for any given race on a normal Firday night test and tune.

The GM team is about to take on the Mopar Team, of which I am a member, and they (GM Team) needs individuals/ Cars that can compete against a group of Mopars. Everything from near stock Dakotas to some a bit faster. Let us know what you have, lets talk! The date is Feb7th at Firebird Raceway.

Hot Teams just had the Ford vs Mopar match on January 10th. You may veiw the video and the results at www.outrunU.com
Also the site can answer a lot more of your questions than I can post here.

We are honestly puzzeled as to what is happening with the GM folks here in AZ. There seems to be so much devision we don't know where to go anymore to contact GM folks to race....
All we are asking is for the GM guys to spend less time with conflict between themselves and come compete against some Fords or Mopars...
We don't care if your car is stock or pro stock we can probably negotiate a match, we just want 5 GM's that are willing to race a 2000 Dakota, A Dodge Dart, A 73 Cuda etc....

Seriously, this is very low key, laid back and VERY friendly competition AND its FREE!. I have seem Mopar Guys lend tools to a Nova just so they could compete evenly and I have never seen anything but friendly (maybe ribbing) communication between competitors. I beleive it is racing at its best. If your production based car is under 16.0sec ET than you can play. If it is much faster, thats OK too.

Oh and by the way, the Ford team is undefeated going into their third season. The Mopar Team is much smaller but we never give up...
The Mopar Team is trying to defeat the Ford team for the new 2003 season but we don't stand a chance unless the GM team is healthy and competing.

If at all interested post here and I will check back with details.

Nice web forum!

Thanks,
john
Mopar Team Member M3

www.outrunU.com
Old 01-14-2003, 03:43 AM

id be glad to join, but im tryign to get the bugs out of the car right now and trying to find a way to get traction.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:58 AM

IROC,
you're welcome anytime.

I also forgot to point out that a car is only allowed to run two times in a season. This prevents the program from being dominated by the big end cars.

The points in a race are as follows.

3pts for the win light.
2pts for the best reaction time
1pt for particpation (basically if you get a time slip)

A red light results in 1pt only.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:44 PM

Somebody gave me a flyer about this out at Speedworld a couple of months ago. Sounds like fun.

Anyway, I just signed up.
-Jim
Old 01-15-2003, 02:42 PM

Is the Ford team looking for anyone now?? I left my Z28 back in Michigan when I came out and brought my Mustang.It's not fast but I always love going to the track.

James
Old 01-15-2003, 11:13 PM

Sounds like fun, but I won't be driving to Phx anytime soon.

We had a Mopar event at Southwestern International Raceway (Tucson) last year and I went to the Friday night test and tune preceding the meet. So many classic Mopar muscle there! I used to own Challengers, so I had a good time. My first run was against a '70 440 Cuda with New Mexico plates, "1 BAD FSH".... beautiful car. Funny how a 305 won that race!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 11:23 PM

Never underestimate the power of a 305.See sig
Old 01-15-2003, 11:47 PM

14.4.. umm.. thats good for 305.. i guess
Old 01-16-2003, 12:02 AM

Redd,

sure, as long as your car is faster than 16.0et, which I am sure is not a problem.

You don't even have to qualify unless your car is challenged by an opposing team captain and that is rare. You would have to list something like a Ford Focus or something that normally would not be under the 16.0 bar. Last year my car was running so bad I thought someone was going to make me qualify..

Just go to the main page and click on sign up, fill it out and if they use you they contact you via email to see if you are ok with the match the set up.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:36 AM

AZIROC Sorry to hear that my times are not up to your standards.You know if we all took our cars to AZ Automasters they would run 12's like yours.I can't afford to do that .

James
Old 01-16-2003, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by 91 Redd Sledd
AZIROC Sorry to hear that my times are not up to your standards.You know if we all took our cars to AZ Automasters they would run 12's like yours.I can't afford to do that .

James
Hehe AZ Automasters does great work, they have some great prices too. I dont get what you can't afford hehe. Actually im picking my car up from there in 10 mins.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:20 PM

Actually what I was getting at was that I prefer to do my own work on my car.I am sure that AZ automasters is great.I have heard good things about them but I would prefer to do it myself and learn wrather than pay to have it done.Different strokes for different folks.

James