Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

What the Byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 11:17 PM

What the Byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of you who saw the fight, what in the world were the judges thinking???? I saw De La Hoya get royally scrooed and now the judges give Chris Byrd the break of a lifetime. The judges said Byrd won 115-113, 116-112 and 117-111. Chris Byrd in my books loss 9 rounds to 3 which would mean he lost 111-117, the judges must have been smoking something to give that fight to Byrd, that just pi$$es me off. Klischko (sp) should show them all.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:18 PM

I saw the fight too....two bad decisions in a row. I like how the commentators back-pedalled after the De la hoya fight. Then, they start the same thing after the Byrd v. Oquerno decision goes in the wrong favor. George Forman especially. He was very vocal during and immediately following the Mosley v de la Hoya bout, then backed off big-time before the Byrd v. Oquerno debacle.

Boxing is screwed up. They should at least post the previous rounds scores so the boxers know what's going on. Atleast then the boxers and their corners can have an idea of what the judges are using for a basis for scoring the rounds..i.e punches thrown, punches landed, power punches, jabs, etc. Mosely's father thought they needed a knock-down to win the bout (expecting a little more de la Hoya bias than there obviously was).
Old 09-22-2003, 05:20 PM

I was an amatuer boxer for years and never understood why the pro's score how they do. The scores you see when watching the fight are compu-scores, the judges never see the compu-scores and judge the fight on their own ideas, I think the judges should be able to see the compu-scores and punches thrown/landed/percentage before they give their final score.