Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

thanks to the Deblers for putting on M13 :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:51 PM

Here ya go LT1TOny....Q16 vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TJ84Xoek0
Old 10-06-2008, 04:59 PM

I would like to extend a thank you to Jason and Valerie Debler for the invite to the M13 event. We had a great time and that 6 speed LT-1 car looked great and watching it was one the the highlights of the weekend. All you guys were class act people there and we had a great time there.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by one wicked element
There was the ProCharged G8 there, but he couldn't hook-up at all. He needed some better tires, and I think he'll have a bad-*** car.

I was a fun time - and it got cold when the sun went out on the stands.... This is my third one I've been to, and I plan on going to a lot more.
All that tire spinning was with the traction control ON. Help is on the way with a set of Forgeline 19x9.5 rims and 275/35 Bridgestones. They won't be drag radials, but I think they will keep the car in a straight line on full throttle up-shifts. Lifting off with the traction control... there is a much faster car hiding under those skinny OE tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXX2YI8cZiQ

Jason and Valerie make everyone feel welcome. I'll be back next year for M14 and should have a ProCharged Camaro to run with the G8.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by OneSickSix
I'm going back out on Sunday to make up for my 14 second runs tho
Thinking about hitting the track once more this week to do the same

We will certainly be back again next year, hopefully running mid 8s in the FWD Grand Prix.
Glad to hear it Matt, been trying to get you and Zoom out there the last few years And congrats
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Originally Posted by TSO RACER
I would like to extend a thank you to Jason and Valerie Debler for the invite to the M13 event. We had a great time and that 6 speed LT-1 car looked great and watching it was one the the highlights of the weekend. All you guys were class act people there and we had a great time there.
if you speak of my blue 6speed, thanks alot! comments like that make it all worth the work!

matt,

nice passes! i didn't realize you represent and/or are zzperformance! cool i just ordered some parts for one of my customers about a week and a half ago! i need to order a blow down tube kit for him as well!

ttys
taner
Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Justice Pete
All that tire spinning was with the traction control ON. Help is on the way with a set of Forgeline 19x9.5 rims and 275/35 Bridgestones. They won't be drag radials, but I think they will keep the car in a straight line on full throttle up-shifts. Lifting off with the traction control... there is a much faster car hiding under those skinny OE tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXX2YI8cZiQ

Jason and Valerie make everyone feel welcome. I'll be back next year for M14 and should have a ProCharged Camaro to run with the G8.
I really liked your car, and my girlfriend was the one who like the color. I'm not sure if you remember us or not, as I'm sure you had TONS of people looking your car over.

I had sun glasses and a black hoddie on.

Anyways - awesome car.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Oh, and what was with the GN - Turbo Regal cars that had the guy run up to the lights for them each time and help them? I didn't understand that.....
Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Here ya go LT1TOny....Q16 vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TJ84Xoek0
Thanks for the link!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by one wicked element
Oh, and what was with the GN - Turbo Regal cars that had the guy run up to the lights for them each time and help them? I didn't understand that.....

Building boost in a turbo car like that can be a delicate process.. He's basically getting the driver REALLY close to the first beam so he can build a little boost on the footbrake, then maybe he'll lite the first bulb and build as much boost as his footbrakes will hold(ie: he's basically standing on the brake pedal..haha)...when the car pushes into the second stage beam, he'll engage the transbrake and put the throttle to the floor for max boost and minimal time against the transbrake....less time sitting there at full power is less wear and tear on the driveline, etc..

Basically...I could be way off base though..
Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=LrKPmqVLofk
mines the last pass on the vid
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM

Looked good to me, Larry!

Bad trucks!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM

that pass it spun pretty bad.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
that pass it spun pretty bad.
Still a nice pass. What was your 60'?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Building boost in a turbo car like that can be a delicate process.. He's basically getting the driver REALLY close to the first beam so he can build a little boost on the footbrake, then maybe he'll lite the first bulb and build as much boost as his footbrakes will hold(ie: he's basically standing on the brake pedal..haha)...when the car pushes into the second stage beam, he'll engage the transbrake and put the throttle to the floor for max boost and minimal time against the transbrake....less time sitting there at full power is less wear and tear on the driveline, etc..

Basically...I could be way off base though..
I thought it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.....
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by whiplash
still a nice pass. What was your 60'?

Quick Reply: thanks to the Deblers for putting on M13 :)