Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Milan rental Sept 15th

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 PM

I might bring the GTO out there to see what I can run. I have been looking to run at this track since coming from Vegas. 600' above sea level is much better than 2100'.

Hey Bill where in Ann Arbor are you at? I am in Yspilanti off of Geddes road and the 23.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
I might bring the GTO out there to see what I can run. I have been looking to run at this track since coming from Vegas. 600' above sea level is much better than 2100'.

Hey Bill where in Ann Arbor are you at? I am in Yspilanti off of Geddes road and the 23.
I live off of State and MI Ave. It's about 5 mins south of Briarwood mall.

That would be cool if you can come out on the 15th. There will be lots of people there to meet.

How long have you been in the area?

Do you work in Ann Arbor?

Let me know if you need any recommendations for local stuff.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bill'sWS6
I live off of State and MI Ave. It's about 5 mins south of Briarwood mall.

That would be cool if you can come out on the 15th. There will be lots of people there to meet.

How long have you been in the area?

Do you work in Ann Arbor?

Let me know if you need any recommendations for local stuff.
Hey Bill I have been in town for less than a week. I got here last weekend. I am working at the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, doing a Co-op for the fall semester. I actually need to find a good wash/detail shop. I usually detail the car myself, but I don't have any of my stuff with me. The car looks like absolute crap. I need a wash, clay bar, swirl removal, and wax plus the interior, and I really dont want to go buy all of the stuff I have back home in Las Vegas. Anytime you want to hang out, hit up a bar or something or just BS about cars let me know. We have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Also a general question to everyone is how is Milan raceway? Pretty decent track prep? Unfortunately I only have my stock tires... any chance I might be able to borrow someones DR's? The 4th gen F body rims fit nicely on the GTO, even with 275's . The best I could manage stock in Las Vegas was a 13.7 @ 102.95 mph. That was on a hot day where it put the DA factor over 5000' feet, so corrected it was a 13.0 @ 108. I am hoping with good weather and good track prep I MIGHT be able to squeek into the 12's with the LT's and a tune.... I am hoping for it, but we will see.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey Bill I have been in town for less than a week. I got here last weekend. I am working at the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, doing a Co-op for the fall semester. I actually need to find a good wash/detail shop. I usually detail the car myself, but I don't have any of my stuff with me. The car looks like absolute crap. I need a wash, clay bar, swirl removal, and wax plus the interior, and I really dont want to go buy all of the stuff I have back home in Las Vegas. Anytime you want to hang out, hit up a bar or something or just BS about cars let me know. We have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day
When you said you had moved to 23 and Geddes I was wondering if you had taken a job at the Tech center. I have worked there for 5 years. I am in charge of purchasing all deveopment equipment (dynos, enviromental chambers etc.) I have actually been out of work for the past few months after having surgery. I will be back to work in October. I am sure able to come out and hang out. What department are you working in? I will take a guess and say it is one of the ED groups.

You are in luck about taking care of your car. There is a guy that takes care of all the cars at the tech center. Look in your phone directory and call Pravenna Ramswami (Spelling ??). Tell her you are looking for the name and number to our detailer. Are you going to be around on Sat?

Nice to have you in town.

Bill
Old 08-30-2007, 07:56 PM

I was just about to ask him if he's taking the place of a guy who's out on medical leave that there goin to fire when he gets back to work. JK bill.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
I was just about to ask him if he's taking the place of a guy who's out on medical leave that there goin to fire when he gets back to work. JK bill.
You very funny guy...... He can have my job if he wants it. I'll make a living as a race car driver

So, if the weather is cool are you coming out to play?

Last edited by Bill'sWS6; 08-30-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM

LOL, yea I am working in CP doing benchmarking. To be honest I want to be over in powertrain, but I figure if I do well where I am now, and am asked to return, then maybe I can do that next time. Its really hard to break into the automotive industry on the west coast so there was no way I was going to pass up this opportunity. I will be around on Saturday, I was planning on going to the Grand Prix but my discounted tickets fell through and I don't feel like spending the money . I would rather save for some more mods. Anyways hit me up on a PM if you want, and are going to do something on Saturday.

OK /thread hijack lol
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 PM

LOL, yea I am working in CP doing benchmarking. To be honest I want to be over in powertrain, but I figure if I do well where I am now, and am asked to return, then maybe I can do that next time. Its really hard to break into the automotive industry on the west coast so there was no way I was going to pass up this opportunity. I will be around on Saturday, I was planning on going to the Grand Prix but my discounted tickets fell through and I don't feel like spending the money . I would rather save for some more mods. Anyways hit me up on a PM if you want, and are going to do something on Saturday.

OK /thread hijack lol
So, you work with Mike Carroll. He is a friend of mine, nice guy. CP is a good group of people. You should have some fun with that group.

We could meet for a drink on Sat. I'll PM you on Sat. morning and we can set something up for the afternoon if you have time.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bill'sWS6
So, you work with Mike Carroll. He is a friend of mine, nice guy. CP is a good group of people. You should have some fun with that group.

We could meet for a drink on Sat. I'll PM you on Sat. morning and we can set something up for the afternoon if you have time.

Sounds good. I work under Dave Girvin, well he is my manager, but I am assigned under 3 other people to report to. On a side note I saw another white LS1 F-body pull in today, and there are quite a few other interesting cars in the lot. There was a nissan with a nice FMIC, a few Evo's and STi's. Do you guys ever have like a company track day?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 PM

no I meant the 15th if its cool air. sat. I got lots of stuff goin on.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM

Sounds good. I work under Dave Girvin, well he is my manager, but I am assigned under 3 other people to report to. On a side note I saw another white LS1 F-body pull in today, and there are quite a few other interesting cars in the lot. There was a nissan with a nice FMIC, a few Evo's and STi's. Do you guys ever have like a company track day?
Dave is a nice guy.

No company track day since I have been there. There are a few people that have some nice cars there at the tech center. Not sure what kind of times they run. They are for the most part fairly stockers except if you see a black SS camaro. He works right up by you (if he came back this year, intern) in EDA. His car is a strong runner, low 12's.

I can't wait for the 15th. I'll be there when the gates open. I have been waiting to run in some cooler weather.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 PM

I posted this up over on the GTO board to see if we could get some more Pontiac people to go. I am also trying to round up people over there for M12
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

i am already getting some interest over at the GTO forum. Any idea on how much it will cost? I was going to post $45 just to be safe. Also, are there any concession stands there, or is it kind of bring your own food type deal? Anyone interested in BBQ'ing? And lastely how much if someone just wants to watch?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:48 PM

they usually do have the concesion stand open for rentals. not sure if they would ALLOW you to bbq. maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Quick Reply: Milan rental Sept 15th