Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

M12 is less than a couple of months away already!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thumbs up M12 is less than a couple of months away already!

Can't believe it is that time again already! Let's start talking about M12!

Chances are, everyone here has already heard about this and then some, so this post is for the benefit of those who might not have heard about it.

M12, the 12th Annual Michigan GM Event is on October 6 and it is coming up FAST!

If you haven't heard of the M events, they are a killer one-day drag racing event at the Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton, MI. It is for all domestic GM cars and many consider it a "last blast" of the year before the cars go away for winter storage.

Good times, good friends, good racing (with CASH payouts), lots of FAST cars, 2 bracket classes and a Quick 16 class, AWESOME giveaways, cheap spectator prices, and cool hotel parties the night before and the night after. Just a damn good time, that's what the M event is all about, ask anyone who has been to one.

Here's some quick bits!

Main event info!
http://www.migmevent.com

M12 Event Forum
http://web.camaross.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Pre-Register here!
http://www.migmevent.com/m12/preregister.shtml

Spread the word!
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528154

Organize a group rate and get into M12 **FREE!**
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528156

Hotel group rate coming soon. Questions? Just e-mail me or post in the forum using the link above! Definitely don't miss out on this good time!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 PM

M event? Never heard of it

See ya there of course
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 AM

I need to get that nitrous kit hooked up that I won a few years ago. When was that? M8?? It's half-installed, just needs a solenoid bracket and some wires. I also need to get some drag tires mounted on those Draglites which are laying around. Man I feel like a sluggard at the moment! All I've been doing all summer are home improvements instead of the fun stuff. Hopefully it'll all be done in time for the big event. I'd like to see an 11.something E/T at M12
Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 PM

you havent been back to the track yet with shorter tires? did you already buy some? I got one MT ET street you can use if you can find another one. 26" 11.5 15 ofcourse.

did you gap the rings for nitrous or just normal gaps? your prolly only gonna hit it with 100 shot arent you? Im sure the cars got a 11 in it w/o the juice, but I think your suspension is proly not letting you launch very hard with that T56. but thats why I like auto's. dont even need much suspension.

anyways, I'll see all you there this year. hopefully with dads car cause mine sold. but if I still got it, Im bringing it loaded for bear. maybe I'll even throw on my nitrous since I'll be keeping the eng. out of my car if I still have it at the end of the year. taking the eng. back to stock long block and sell it way cheaper. lots of kids want to buy my car, but parents wont let them have something this fast. cant really say I blame them. then Id put the eng. in my iroc drag car project with lots of nitrous.

anyone got a bottle heater they would loan me? or does the track have an outlet available for me to heat up the tank with heat gun? I know, no open flames. lol.

chris
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM

Can't wait!!

Chris...Heat it up in your tow vehicle. Crank the heat to the floor with the bottle down there. Or...inverter in tow vehicle with an actual heating pad+ crank the heat...haha
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM

I always look forward to setting a new personal best at the M events. I look forward to it again this year.

See Everyone There.

Bill
Old 08-14-2007, 05:44 PM

denny, then Id have to disconnect the bottle, waisting lots of N20 before each run though. less then make a shutoff valve for inline after the bottle. that would be cool. then would only lose a tiny bit. ohwell, if john doesnt hve his car running, I'll steel his bottle blanket. on second thought, no way will the car not go too fast for no cage on juice. only goin to get 1 run in anyways. hmm.

denny, you bringing the beast?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Milan 2 was my first event, but I didnt get in the group pic because I wasnt part of Camaro Z28.com yet. Hot Rod Hawk and Hink were in the finals and both were lifting. Hink won and Jim Mattison said it sounded like 2 cars going uphill running out of gas. Fun stuff, even in the early years. If I still have my 99 TA, I'll be running it. Its for sale, but the last broad that looked at it about wet her pants when she started it. Then she said she wanted a car with lug nuts on it. It has long wheels studs for racing and you cant see the lug nuts. I was chuckling for 2 days after that one. :-)
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 AM

Always bringing a car unless something bad happens. Button up the exhaust tomorrow and finally see if Fuddle tightened this converter up A LOT. Nearly a week install...I'm not a good wrencher!

It's always fun to be asked to slow it down...Bring all you got!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 AM

I think that te danger of using a torch on a nitrous bottle is not the open flame, but the possibility of annealing the bottle and weakening it. I have never done it, but I think if you don't lean on one spot you would be fine.

Don't take it as gospel though.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM

well, the real problem is if you got a BOTTLE LEAK. KABOOM. just takes a slight leak.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
anyone got a bottle heater they would loan me? or does the track have an outlet available for me to heat up the tank with heat gun? I know, no open flames. lol.

chris
I've got a bottle heater but I think I'll be using it I've also got a remote bottle opener. You are right though, I won't be going crazy on the nitrous, probably a 100 shot.

As for tires, I swapped out the 28s for some shorter Quick Time Pro bias ply. I haven't tried them out because I've got some family issues going on that keep me home. I went to an autocross a few weeks ago and when I got back all heck broke loose and it hasn't let up yet.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
well, the real problem is if you got a BOTTLE LEAK. KABOOM. just takes a slight leak.
Like the gas itself exploding? Nitrous is not flammable by itself. It contains about 1/3 more oxygen than regular air. It is an oxidizer.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by exgmguy
Like the gas itself exploding? Nitrous is not flammable by itself. It contains about 1/3 more oxygen than regular air. It is an oxidizer.
But many things that normally wouldn't catch fire will burn and/or explode when saturated in oxygen.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

I can't wait!

I haven't changed anything on my car, but I'm always interested in working on my 60' times.

My birthday is in September. Maybe my wife will by me some longtubes.

Quick Reply: M12 is less than a couple of months away already!