Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Looks like it's time for a t56

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:23 PM

Looks like it's time for a t56

Well I was driving down 696 and gave it some gas to switch lanes and it started slipping like crazy. I made sure it wasn't like the converter or anything so I stopped and checked. First and second gear work perfect but once it goes into 3rd or 4th it slips to no end and I can't even accelerate.

Bottom line is...I'm done with autos and I'm going with the t56. Patrick (rodriques) let me drive his today and it was a blast. Plus they are bulletproof so that's always nice. Then I'll just run on dr's until I can save for a 12 bolt and really lay down some good times. Til then, I'll just have a blast on the street.

If anyone wants a 4l60e that needs a rebuild or a perfect condition low mileage vigi 3000 drop me an email. I also have the slp quadtip package for sale (works with factory or some aftermarkets since I have both kits needd for it to work) just drop me a line and we'll work something out. Also, I have a few ac compressors, ac canister, ac condensor, and some various other things that I need to get rid of. How about a set of 16" stock firebird wheels with nittos mounted on them. Still have a little tread left.

See ya guys...I hope you guys have better luck than I.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:05 AM

Hey man, this is Nate. Sorry to hear about the tranny. If you need a hand with anything, feel free to shoot me a call; be happy to help where I can. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2003, 05:41 AM

That blows man, I know what its like. If you need anything, let me know.

Q
Old 06-17-2003, 06:03 AM

Re: Looks like it's time for a t56

Originally posted by ltlhomer

Bottom line is...I'm done with autos and I'm going with the t56. Patrick (rodriques) let me drive his today and it was a blast. Plus they are bulletproof so that's always nice. Then I'll just run on dr's until I can save for a 12 bolt and really lay down some good times. Til then, I'll just have a blast on the street.

If anyone wants a 4l60e that needs a rebuild or a perfect condition low mileage vigi 3000 drop me an email. I also have the slp quadtip package for sale (works with factory or some aftermarkets since I have both kits needd for it to work) See ya guys...I hope you guys have better luck than I.
The tranny might be bulletproof, but if you have a really good clutch (street twin) other things are going to break. First off, if you have any aluminum driveshaft get rid of it!! I have heard of guys breaking output shafts on drag radials.

Also what's the I.D. on the quadtip package? I need some tips for my T/A that will fit on 3" pipe. I really want the Mecham tips, but can't quite afford them.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:09 AM

Re: Re: Looks like it's time for a t56

Originally posted by Grover
The tranny might be bulletproof, but if you have a really good clutch (street twin) other things are going to break. First off, if you have any aluminum driveshaft get rid of it!! I have heard of guys breaking output shafts on drag radials.

Also what's the I.D. on the quadtip package? I need some tips for my T/A that will fit on 3" pipe. I really want the Mecham tips, but can't quite afford them.
How about guys twisting up the factory aluminum shaft on street tires with a totally stock car Those aluminum shafts are crap.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:40 AM

Re: Re: Looks like it's time for a t56

Originally posted by Grover

I believe they are the same tips I have on my car. That would look pretty cool if you could make them work.

Q
Old 06-17-2003, 08:03 AM

Arrow SORRY SEAN...

BUT... At least it wasn't the converter that let you down! I would have felt WAAAAYYYY bad, then! Still, sorry to hear of your tranny's demise.

I, for one, will put in a vote to have it checked out and see how much to repair or possibly just buying one from a member or bone yard.

I've always used Mobil1 trans fluid and I have been racing the Redbird since 1995! I also run an auxillary trans filter in addition to the pickup filter. I don't know if these TWO things have helped or not, but I am sure they haven't HURT any!

Good Luck with your decision.

HInk
Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 AM

Were hoping to swap in a T56 in a few days, maybe over a weekend or something assuming he can get one. He hasn't had the best luck with autos so far and the T56 swap doesn't look hard at all...
Old 06-17-2003, 02:58 PM

I am building one of these at work now. Could have steel 3-4 fork and carbon fiber blocker rings fromD&D if requested. Will fit LT1 cars. Call me if I can help! 517-223-8944

Andy