Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

How's your winter project coming along?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 08:03 AM

How's your winter project coming along?

Mine is sitting on a trailer, with no motor in her.. I'm waiting on the motor & trying to get everything together for the install. Such as, 42 lb injectors, LS1 Edit, send headers in for recoating, send in ECM for retune, upgrade fuel pump, and get some bigger jets for the NOS

I'm going to have to wait until later in the year for the direct port, and stand alone fuel pump, and some other ideas.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:27 AM

I'm well on my way with my torque converter project. It's up in the air and the driveshaft and flywheel cover are off!!!! I had to go to the store and get a couple of 21mm wrenches for the torque arm bolts. All this done over a period of two weeks. (This 12 hour a day/7 day a week job is killing me!!!! Plu s I just came down with a cold too
Skip
Old 01-23-2003, 08:49 AM

I have all the parts assembled except the Hydrarev kit. Intake is at the hot tank as of yesterday, and the springs are pressed on the struts for the front as of yesterday. Engine starts to be built as soon as my ARE stage 1's arrive in about a week. So going pretty well, slower then I want, but still looking good for the Cedar Point trip as a finish date.

Q
Old 01-23-2003, 09:39 AM

Secret stuff is all in

Now Im waiting to get it tuned.

I'm hunting an high 11 from a very street drivable car.

Personel best is my main drive this up coming season.

And smacking down any ricer and ponys I can.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Exposed Member

It's progressing...

Slowly.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:25 AM

Waiting for the weather to warm up
Old 01-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Eternal Member

Smile

I have been busy but with everyones car parts but mine. I picked up some parts but have not felt like or had time to do mine. I will get it done before spring tho. Not doing much a N20 kit and a redoing the headliner in the IROC.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:40 PM

Basically still narrowuing down the build sheet
Sold the weak saginaw 4 speed.
Got my heads and just today the valves came in (2.19/1.88 undercut manley S/S)
Picked ou tmy cam/springs/etc/ going full roller

Still got lots of parts t order.. the old engine is on the stand. debating reusing the stock block or going Merlin
Old 01-23-2003, 06:15 PM

i'll be done in 3 weeks...........hopefully!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:30 PM

Starting next week!.....
Old 01-23-2003, 07:05 PM

Talking saving for 01. ss

have not talked to yuo much since i moved harold, but the latest new i have is i got rid of my 95, and i have a $1000 saved for a 01 ss o saw about two weeks ago. this job kicks ***, i am making enough to but the car around the end of spring, the selling price is $11, 500, that sounds like a good price. but if you get a chance email me back at zplayz69@yahoo.com. talk to you later!
Jessie
Old 01-23-2003, 07:21 PM

Well motor is out and tore apart, tranny is out, the entire engine cradle and suspension is out. I got the stock K-member swapped out for a tubular and is ready to go back in the car.
Interior is still gutted awaiting some lightweight carpet.
When thats done the tranny is going to get freshned up and the convertor checked and restalled.
Stock driveshaft is getting swapped for a Denny's.
Stock rear is making way for a Fab9 setup.
Motor plans are still undecided so im saving that for last.

Ive got the CBR stripped of all its fairings to repair some lowside fairing damage i did last year. Added a D&D slip on, going to get the carbs rejetted and going to go down 1 tooth on the front sprocket and up 1 tooth in the rear. Frame and swingarm are getting a mirror polish thrown on it.

The car might not be out until may or june but the bike will be done for the first decent riding day of the year.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:41 PM

Well... I have my Spohn LCA's and Panhard bar sitting here looking at me... I get this feeling they don't like me.

The Comp Pro Magnum Roller rockers arrived from a guy in New York about a week ago. 1.52 Self aligning $215 shipped. List price of $325 I think.

I am still trying to figure out what I need to buy in terms of Front Sway bar poly bushings and all around sway bar links.

The Holley Stealth Ram will be going on as soon as I get over being so scared to buy it.

I have got to do some interior work like carpet, trim, and headliner. Funny thing is that I have enough in my bank account for all the new go fast parts I want but I just can't seem to buy them

I need tires too... crap.

I am shooting for low 13's or high 12's on all motor. I figure that I have spent $2500 already and will probably spend $1000 this year on her. Not bad for shaving 2 full seconds off and adding probably 12 mph.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by 99 1LE Hugger SS
Well motor is out and tore apart, tranny is out, the entire engine cradle and suspension is out. I got the stock K-member swapped out for a tubular and is ready to go back in the car.
Interior is still gutted awaiting some lightweight carpet.
When thats done the tranny is going to get freshned up and the convertor checked and restalled.
Stock driveshaft is getting swapped for a Denny's.
Stock rear is making way for a Fab9 setup.
Motor plans are still undecided so im saving that for last.

Ive got the CBR stripped of all its fairings to repair some lowside fairing damage i did last year. Added a D&D slip on, going to get the carbs rejetted and going to go down 1 tooth on the front sprocket and up 1 tooth in the rear. Frame and swingarm are getting a mirror polish thrown on it.

The car might not be out until may or june but the bike will be done for the first decent riding day of the year.
Sounds like I'm not the only one going nuts on the west side this year. You east side guys might have a little grudge match on your hands
Old 01-23-2003, 11:10 PM

can i play...........

sounds like alot of work brad.

Quick Reply: How's your winter project coming along?