Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

How I intend to vote this November

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 09:06 PM

How I intend to vote this November

I sent this out to all of my friends in my present address book, but I figured that I could send it here as well. It'll probably be the last I have to say on this subject on this regional board. I cannot say what Mr. Posthumus's stance is on really cool F-bodies, but since he grew up on a farm, I imagine that there's at least one F-body laying behind his barn in the weeds somewhere.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sending you this email because I am concerned more than any other time in my life about the outcome of the race for Michigan's Governer seat. This is not a "cut and paste" letter that I received from any political organization. I'm writing it on my own and sending it to folks that, for whatever reason, I have included in my address book. Some of you I know professionally. Some of you are relatives. Some are simply friends that I've known for a long time. The mailing is a "blind carbon copy" that contains approximately 100 names. All of you are probably Michigan voters.

I wanted to let you know that I intend to vote for Posthumus as our next governer. I do this because I've looked at his 20 year political record and think he best represents my interests. I've met him. He's about 5 foot 6, has a firm handshake, and is not afraid to speak his mind. He's very engaging. He is NOT a "slick *****" in terms of public speaking, but he is very much like you and I: In touch with the regular public of this state.

Mr. Posthumus cares passionately about Michigan. He cares about our natural resources, our education system, and our people of Michigan.

Whereas Jennifer Granholm is a media darling, D.i.c.k. Posthumus is a person who has spent the last year pounding the pavement to meet and listen to regular folks about their concerns and requests for a governer. I think he will make an excellent leader for this state.

Mr. Posthumus is NOT some stooge for John Engler. I think his style of leadership will be quite different than the Engler administration. Whereas Granholm was studying acting out of High School, Posthumus was working his father's farm in Western Michigan. He is born and raised here, and is quite proud of his midwestern values and culture. He hunts, fishes, and camps in Michigan parks. He'll be the first avid outdoorman in the Governer's office in fifty years. He got into politics because of his concern for his kids. He's a leader for the Michigan chapter of Habitat for Humanity. He's a high-honors graduate of MSU. The guy is SMART and CARING and it shows when you meet him.

I urge you to consider voting for him too. Take a look at the Posthumus website and judge for yourself. Dont let the media's seeming love frenzy for Jennifer Granholm sway your vote. Picking a candidate purely on their sex or media exposure is a poor way to choose a leader. Judge for yourself, make up you mind, and then vote. I think D.i.c.k. Posthumus will be one of the most accessible governers for the Michigan Public in nearly half a century.

Here's his website: Posthumus for Governer

Last edited by ws6transam; 09-26-2002 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:26 PM

Well stated.