Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

*IMPORTANT* woodward!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 04:36 PM

*IMPORTANT* woodward!!

alright guys, if you want to be on a lot together and have the spots for a decent price your going to have to let me know so we can act on this. i don't see any one really setting anything up this year and as it is the spots are disappearing fast so something must be done very soon.

if you guys want to be on the 11 mile lot it is 3,000 for 40 spots.

if you want a few random spots here and there it's a typical minimum of 125. if this is what you want email me and i'll get you some phone numbers to contact.

for those who would like to do the 40 lot we would need half down now and the rest by august 1st. this lot is being looked at as we speak and the longer you guys wait it won't happen.

so in short, if you guys are serious post now.......put how many spots you can pay for and let us know. we need at least 30 spots spoken for and all of the money will have to be up front so we'll have to figure out how that is to be done.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:07 PM

As stated in previous post, I'm in for one spot for sure, probably two though. I can tell you in the next few days.

I'll paypal you the $$$ tomorrow for a spot if it gets me front row!

Last edited by DJCobol; 06-24-2003 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:15 PM

Is it paved?
Old 06-24-2003, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by 91Bird305
Is it paved?
The 40 spot lot is paved.

Q
Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 PM

I am in for one spot for sure! Is this the lot that we can park in the day before also? Do you have a paypal account that we can send money to?
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 PM

honestly guys i really don't want to handle the money situation unless it was absolutely necessary. i'm just trying to help out with contacts on the lot and any other minor things.

the lot is paved and it's right next to the 80 spot lot that was shared by MM and SLP. it might not be near 13 mile but i can tell you that it will be a good place to be.

to secure whoevers name is down on the lot were going to need a good 2/3 of the money up front so no single person has to shell out any money.

the lot itself is as follows:

after work hours on friday you would be allowed to park and your spot would be yours for the whole weekend.

you can use the lot itself for parking for the entire 3 day weekend.

if you can manage to hold one of the cities front spaces then you can park there. however, if you get a spot that is that up front you will not get your money back. typically the front spots are a first come-first serve basis but you guys can handle it however you'd like.

if you guys choose to make this happen we hope that the front spots can be saved so in effect the 40 might be 50. then you guys can work it out however you like.

the only proper way to go about the whole deal is that who ever pays first gets their first choice of spot and so on, but like i said i don't want to dictate any of it. i just want to help everyone have a place to go.

so lets see whos serious as if we don't have anything going on soon i don't see it happening.

jeff
Old 06-24-2003, 09:38 PM

Sounds like a sweet deal Jeff. Can anyone come into our lot or do they have to have a braclet or something?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:11 PM

Jeff can you PM me or email me with a diagram of the lot so I can write people in as I get paid. I already have money coming in.

Q
Old 06-25-2003, 02:28 AM

eric, if this happens i want to work it out so that we will have different "volunteers" watching so that not just anyone will come in when someone leaves to cruise which will happen.

anyone thinking they can just show up and get a front spot for free will be mistaking as we will be holding the spots so unless your paying you won't have a chance at them.

Q, understand that we need to know the numbers we have for sure and i need to contact the lot owner before it goes to that extent. either that or make sure that if for some unforseen reason we don't get the lot you will refund the money.

like i said, i can work out a 500 deposit but the 1500 will need to be paid after the holiday and the final will need to be done august 1st so those of you who are serious post it now and we'll get it running.

as far as a lot diagram. i don't have the tools to draw it up on the cpu. however, conisder this.

you have 40 spots.

4 rows of 10 basically

the cars will be parked parallel with woodward with both sets of rows having the cars face nose to nose.

then you will have roughly 5-10 spots that are on a 45degree angle aiming at woodward. easy access in and out.

Old 06-25-2003, 05:40 AM

Jeff, as quoted on another board. Help me answer it please.

Just read most of the posts. A few questions?
1/ lot is below 11 mile, west/south bound side?
2/ adjacent to lot 2 years ago (Hey Lutz,save the F body banner)?
3/ porta-pooper?

Also, if I understand you right, I have 10 front spots, and its 4 rows deep??? Just want to make sure I dont **** anyone off, and make sure they get parked in the location they paid for.

Q
Old 06-25-2003, 08:48 AM

that should be the style of the lot itself....i will check later today to make sure and post up.

1. the lot is south of 11 mile on the south side of woodward.

2. yes, it's right next to it. there is the 80 lot which we had and the 40 lot which is a few hundred feet southbound. there is an huge office building that separates the two lots.

3. i would assume like last time that the city will have some. however, with anything theres always something that could change. we cannot use the buildings facilities because of traffic control. i don't think anyone wants that task and we can't get it anyway.

it's at least 5 spots....maybe a little more. and then it all depends on how you park the cars as to how many you can fit. like i said i haven't gone extremely detailed with the lot because i haven't had time.

if this is something your absolutely set on doing and you guys can get the numbers i will call the owner today to make sure it hasn't sold and drive out to check the lot with a once over.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by kandied91z
that should be the style of the lot itself....i will check later today to make sure and post up.

1. the lot is south of 11 mile on the south side of woodward.

2. yes, it's right next to it. there is the 80 lot which we had and the 40 lot which is a few hundred feet southbound. there is an huge office building that separates the two lots.

3. i would assume like last time that the city will have some. however, with anything theres always something that could change. we cannot use the buildings facilities because of traffic control. i don't think anyone wants that task and we can't get it anyway.

it's at least 5 spots....maybe a little more. and then it all depends on how you park the cars as to how many you can fit. like i said i haven't gone extremely detailed with the lot because i haven't had time.

if this is something your absolutely set on doing and you guys can get the numbers i will call the owner today to make sure it hasn't sold and drive out to check the lot with a once over.
Make it happen Jeff, guys are sending cash already. get all the details and work it. Like I said, I also need to know how many front spots we can get and if it is rows or what. I dont have any picture in my head on this, but we need to make it happen. I should be able to have the cash raised by next week sometime.

Q
Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 AM

Even better, give me a call Jeff. 800-822-2375 ext 1306 until 5pm, or 616-299-4335 after 5pm. It will be easier to figure stuff out.

Quentin
Old 06-25-2003, 09:28 AM

Thumbs up

will do...

also understand that no matter how many front spots there are they are city so they should be included as an added bonus and if you guys are able to save them for saturday by staying overnight then you could sell of your remaining lots or however you would like to go about it.

like i said though i'll let you know. i will call the owner after lunch and then i'll let you know.