Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

i need your guys opinons

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:06 PM

Re: i need your guys opinons

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
96 -98 mustang gt

cobra

At least with the cobra you won't see my taillights ALL the way down the track.
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE......i just went on racingjunk.com and found a 95 trans am for 6,000 dollars in browns mills. i just talked to the guy on the phone and i'm going to meet up with him between 4:30 and 6:30 tomorrow night..the car is modded up and very fast from what the guy says..here's the link to the car

http://racingjunk.compost/620744/95-...d-transam.html

eric
Old 05-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Eric's new car link, take two:
http://racingjunk.com/post/620744/95...d-transam.html

Keep us posted after you check out the car. See, man, you down to under 6g's for an F-body...

Last edited by 97TransAm; 05-24-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
Eric's new car link, take two:
http://racingjunk.com/post/620744/95...d-transam.html

Keep us posted after you check out the car. See, man, you down to under 6g's for an F-body...
sorry about the link ron for some odd reason i have never been good at that!! the guy told me the car is very clean but internet pic's sometimes always look to good to be true...everybody cross your fingers and pray for me tonight before you go to bed

eric
Old 05-24-2006, 09:58 PM

I can't believe how much most dealerships want for 4th generation F-Bodies. It is pure insanity. I understand they stopped making them, but come on now. We're not talking about a Charger with a HEMI (original one--not a contemporary one) or Chevelle with an LS-6.

I saw a gorgeous 2001 silver Z-28 on a dealer lot two months ago (A4). I decided to take it out for a test drive. I admit, this particular Z was in absolutely "mint" condition. The car must have been babied. However, with 49,000 miles the dealership wanted $18,000 for it and refused to negotiate. I laughed at them. Sorry, but $18,000 for a car with just under 50,000 miles that was probably no more than $23,000 when brand-new 5 years and 50,000 miles ago? Riiiiiiight.

The Grand Nationals are the other things that dealerships are nuts about. I saw a beautiful 1985 GN with an intercooler (must have been aftermarket) on a dealer lot last year. The car had 85,000 original miles, was stock (with the exception of the intercooler), and didn't have a tranny or engine rebuild. They let me take it out for a spin. The car was extremely healthy and ran very well, but the turbo made this terrible, terrible pinging sound. I thought it was the A/C compressor, but then I realized it was only pinging when I went WOT and the turbo was boosting up. Anyways, the dealership wanted $15,000 for it. $15,000 for a GN that clearly had something wrong with it and was an '85 model? I'll pass, thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 PM

Oh yeah, my buddy moved away to go to law school last year. He keeps his Z at his parent's home in NJ, but said he would sell it if the right offer came along. I think he wanted $10K for it. It's a 2001 Z-28, BTW. Mileage is...shoot...I think it is maybe 75,000 miles? If you want, I could double-check. I do know the car ran a 12.8 at 108 mph and has a handful of bolt-ons. It's midnight black, BTW, and an M6. I must admit, his car is in absolutely immaculate condition. If you're interested, I could give you info to contact him. I know he put a $1,000 aftermarket HID system in it (he's got the best Xenon headlights I've ever seen short of a M-B SL65 AMG), and he's got like a $10,000 top-of-the-line stereo system in it, but I believe he said he's keeping the stereo equipment if he sells it. So, yeah, if you want the contact info, just ask.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:16 PM

If you get that white Trans Am, dump the 10k you saved into mods. Like a Lloyd Elliot Stage 3 head/cam package, or rebuild the motor for boost and run a supercharger.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:00 PM

check out this place too. www.buyafastcar.com

They always have a ton of F-bods there. I drive past it all the time and see them out on the lot. Never dealt with them before but I know they have em there.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
check out this place too. www.buyafastcar.com

They always have a ton of F-bods there. I drive past it all the time and see them out on the lot. Never dealt with them before but I know they have em there.
i have been there before brian...i went a few sunday's ago and really did'nt see anything i liked.

eric
Old 05-25-2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by EAZE E 96Z
hey kazman if you can e-mail me a pick of your car.

epmm28@yahoo.com

eric
E-mail with picts sent.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:31 PM

Did you check out the car in Brown Mills?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 PM

alright guys i have a update...to make a long story short i went to see this trans am today. first off i show up and the guy is not there, some girl is outside on the phone and i say is travis here? the girl says he will be here in 5 minutes, so i wait and wait and wait!!! while i'm waiting i'm thinking to myself is this car really worth waiting for??!! so before i put the truck in drive he show's up with the car. i get out and say to myself this car is a piece of trash just by looking at it already! i start to circle the car and say to myself i thought this guy said this car is clean inside and out??..WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP! rant...........if your going to post your car online and say your car is clean inside and out please mean it! then the guy says do you want to go for a ride and i say yeah why not, get this the guy did'nt even let me drive the car!! he drove the car and yes it was very fast but the car to me just did'nt sound right so i told him i would give him a call if i wanted the car..but if he's going to wait for me to call he's going to be waiting for a LONG TIME!!

back to the drawing board

eric
Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 PM

Dang, Dude.
Did you give that one from phillyburbs a call?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:10 PM

Yeah, nothing worse than waiting to see a "perfect" car and it turns out to be a turd! I got so lucky with my 96 and figured it was a turd because they hadn't sold it yet. Then I looked at it, not bad, drove it, what a blast! The SES light was on and the rear tires were never going to pass inspection but the price was decent so I bought it. Take your time and search some obscure sites and you'll find something when you least expect it. And if you get real desperate, if I find myself a 70-73 Camaro I may end up selling the 96 and I'll let you know!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff H
Yeah, nothing worse than waiting to see a "perfect" car and it turns out to be a turd! I got so lucky with my 96 and figured it was a turd because they hadn't sold it yet. Then I looked at it, not bad, drove it, what a blast! The SES light was on and the rear tires were never going to pass inspection but the price was decent so I bought it. Take your time and search some obscure sites and you'll find something when you least expect it. And if you get real desperate, if I find myself a 70-73 Camaro I may end up selling the 96 and I'll let you know!
cool jeff, let me know about the SS...that's a rare car that you just don't see anymore...i think i'm going to lay low for awhile until maybe the fall.

eric
Old 05-26-2006, 06:01 PM

well autosrada called me about the red 97 firebird just now and reduced the car to 12,700..which is not where i want to be right now. the only good thing is that he gave me a % rate 0f 7.59 which is hard to get on a 97 car today..he told me that i would be at 202.00 a month..i told him i want to be around 170-180 a month. so he told me to stop by tomorrow to talk it over. i'm going to go over like a sucker but i'm not going to be a easy sell.

well see what happens and i'll post all about it tomorrow.

eric

Quick Reply: i need your guys opinons