Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Have to go to Cape May...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Have to go to Cape May...

Since it's not raining for, like, a day, I going to run the 97 TA down to Cape May and back tomorrow (10/27). Route will be across the Pa Turnpike, south on NJ Turnpike to exit 2, through Mullica Hill, picking up rt55 south. I want to avoid the "blue route" crap. This will be longest trip the car has been on since the header install. I'm hoping it will be incident free....
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM

Re: Have to go to Cape May...

Picking up a handful of Cape May diamonds? Red car made the same trek 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM

Parents got a new laptop and it is easier for me to actually go there a set it up and take all the crap off of it, than trying to talk them through the process over the phone....

It'll be a nice run for the car. I plan to stay in between rush hours so that way the ride will be "calm".
Old 10-26-2005, 08:31 PM

i dont wanna hear any excuses you cant make it on Sat.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 PM

yeah yeah yeah... that's another reason I'm driving the car... to make sure everything is working for Saturday. I figure a good days journey will wring out the last of the demons that have plagued me since the headers went in. I need to get my confidence back in the car.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=97TransAm
I need to get my confidence back in the car.[/QUOTE]

Relax and just make it happen on Saturday. One round at time. I wish I could make it Satuday but I have some business to take care of at the Grove. Ron, good luck to ya.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:33 PM

dude..i was off from work today and did'nt check the site until this afternoon..damm i would have went along for the ride!!!

eric
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM

Oh, yeah baby!!! Sure the stupid SES comes on after I have been driving for about 15 mins and then I let off the gas, but it sure has that firm "push you in the seat" acceleration and the "HEEELLLLLOOOO!!! HERE I C OME" exhaust. The headers and the tuning definitely have awaken the car up more than I expected. I really really tried to keep the car at 80 or below, in fact I did 75 for quite a ways on the both turnpikes and rt55, but I was weak a few times and had to get a surge of "woohooo" here and there.

I paced a NJ State Trooper from behind in an unmarked white car coming home from exit 3 until I took off on exit 6 for the PA Turnpike. I did 75 - 80mp in full view right behind him about 30 yards back. Every time he did 80, I did 80. When he slowed down to 75, I slowed. What? You think I'm going to pass him with an SLP Loudmouth? Bahahahahaha.

Played games with a newer white Mustang on the Pa side. Just moving smoothly through traffic. I did get alongside of one time and I punched it. We he caught back up he was smiling and nodding his head. Unfortunately he had an earlier exit so we saluted each other and parted ways. That makes the boring azz turnpike ride from the bridge to Fort Washington go in a flash.

I can't wait until Saturday for E-town...