Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

FREE: LT1 Short Block

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 AM

FREE: LT1 Short Block

Just want the dang thing out of my garage now. Come get it and its yours.. When I picked it up it got rained on so there is some rust on the cylinder walls and top of pistons, nothing major though. I rust ran my finger along the walls and it pretty much came off so dip it and 355 it and your good to go. It consists of the block (2 bold), crank, rods, pistons, timing chain, water pump drive and oil pan.

Its in Allentown PA, email me at hanchettcraig@hotmail.com, PM me here or on AOL craigh97z28

Thanks,
Craig
Old 10-09-2006, 01:08 PM

Re: FREE: LT1 Short Block

Originally Posted by importeater
Just want the dang thing out of my garage now. Come get it and its yours.. When I picked it up it got rained on so there is some rust on the cylinder walls and top of pistons, nothing major though. I rust ran my finger along the walls and it pretty much came off so dip it and 355 it and your good to go. It consists of the block (2 bold), crank, rods, pistons, timing chain, water pump drive and oil pan.

Its in Allentown PA, email me at hanchettcraig@hotmail.com, PM me here or on AOL craigh97z28

Thanks,
Craig
I'll take it, sent you a PM
Old 10-10-2006, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
I'll take it, sent you a PM
Damnit John!!! You beat me to it. I'm gonna report your post as bad and ****** it up myself.

Later,

Steve.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by RBE17
Damnit John!!! You beat me to it. I'm gonna report your post as bad and ****** it up myself.

Later,

Steve.

HA! Your on diaper duty! No time for a new project.

This block may find an interesting home! I'm collectiing parts for a toy for the girls to play with. For some bizzar reason they think their going to race MY Z next year. Umm, NO
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
HA! Your on diaper duty! No time for a new project.

This block may find an interesting home! I'm collectiing parts for a toy for the girls to play with. For some bizzar reason they think their going to race MY Z next year. Umm, NO
Yeah, tell me about it. My parts have been sitting for a year w/ no progress. Hell, I just got shelves up in the garage a few weeks ago. Of course I had to take a vacation day to do it.

What are the details on the new project?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by RBE17
Yeah, tell me about it. My parts have been sitting for a year w/ no progress. Hell, I just got shelves up in the garage a few weeks ago. Of course I had to take a vacation day to do it.

What are the details on the new project?
Well, couple guys on the NJFBOA are doing an LT1 in a 3rd gen. So I was thinking, hey why not, I have just about all the parts! Get a cheap 3rd gen, take the LT1 and throw a set of cheap forged pistion ( I have an extra intakes laying around, and a few cams ). Add the tech II DIF I have sitting on the shelf, If you recall, it has two seperate - two steps built in ( plus a nitris controller) I'm sure the Street Leathal crew have plenty of spare nitris parts ) Then gut the car down to nothing, and make it a 11.50 car. ( If it goes faster I know who to call)

Doesn't need to be street legal. I can either trailer it or even drive/sneak it the 1 mile to the track. Then Jessica and Heather can go play and keep their paws off Dad's toys!

We'll see,, Same old story,,,, big plans, little money!

So what's up with you car?

JB

Sorry , guess we hijacked Craig thread.

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 10-10-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Motor is gone. Sorry Pampered, didn't know you were a friend of Scott's, had to get it out for another motor to take its place.. never ends..
Old 10-11-2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by importeater
Motor is gone. Sorry Pampered, didn't know you were a friend of Scott's, had to get it out for another motor to take its place.. never ends..
Not a problem bud! JB