Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Chilis car show in youngstown

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM

Chilis car show in youngstown

guys if you live close and our free saturday stop down for the car show. its a nice show and you can eat and drink at chilis too. its a good time.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Re: Chilis car show in youngstown

Will probably be in the Youngstown area Saturday Night with My Camaro, where exactly is this Chili's and what time is the show??? If I get time I will try to stop by and check it out!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Do you know where the Southern Park mall is? chilis is out front of the mall. this is off market street and 224. anyhow the show starts at 4 and ends at 8. my name is Jeff. look for my camaro next too a 05 blue gto and a 95 black firehawk. hope to see ya there..
Old 10-11-2005, 06:14 PM

I never came since it was crappy out all weekend.

Hey I got a question for Flusz. Were you and the 05 GTO pulled over on the Turnpike within the last few weeks? I saw a Blue GTO and a Z/28 pulled over by a state trooper and by the sound of it you know a blue GTO and your car might fitt the discription of the Z. Just wondering?

-Dustin-
Old 10-11-2005, 11:24 PM

I usually go their all the time, along with the A&W show on Friday's [down the street from the mall], but I haven't been to either one in a while. I'll be there more next year.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:12 AM

The year isnt over yet and I'd like to meet you guys sometime. There arent many respectible Fbody guys around here. We should meet at someone's place and install all of Camarocracy's suspension stuff. I'll buy Fast Food, bring tools and Rhino Ramps.

-Dustin-
Old 10-12-2005, 07:55 AM

Dustin- yeah i did nothing but sit inside and watch tv since the weather sucked. i live on the west side of austintown now and i see a kid with a black z28 that has decals that says youngstown streets- haha. anyhow- yeah that was me and i saw and heard your car go by. i was like stop- haha. i was coming back from stow where Big Shot Dyno Tuned my car. my fuel pump went out on me 10mins after leaving the place on the turnpike.... so that was us and me f-ing pissed cause i didn't know why the car all of a sudden stalled out after spending a grand for tuning.

Yeah we need to meet up. maybe saturday if the weather is good? yummy food,haha i love to eat.. why what do you have to install on your car still? i don;t have any fancy tools or many..

next spring i will have REDLICH Transmissions install my transgo kit and having ram tuff make me a hard elbow intake for the blower underneath also if they can. then i will install my upgraded alky/water cooling pump and get back to the dyno and i should see 416hp-420hp at the wheels. i had fouled out plugs from tuning,and fuel pump wasn't acting right. they said they only had time to have four dyno pulls on my car back to back so i lost power there with heat i'm sure. tuner said i would make over 400hp and to come back up to the dyno shop.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM

oh you mean the other guys car. i see his screen name now- i started my car up for the first time in a week yesterday. my car doesn't leave the garage if its cloudy out- haha. no way will i let it get rained on.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:14 AM

Nice, I wasnt sure who it was, but figured they were heading toward Youngstown. I almost stopped to see if I could have helped, but it looked like just LSX's so I didnt cause I know nothing about those. Wish I would have. That was only seconds after I raced a C5 Vette, and I thought you and the GTO got tagged for racing on the pike The race is posted in the kill section.

Yea Camarocracy has a 1LE sway bar, front and rear bushings, tranny mount, and some other stuff in his sig to be installed. I just figured we could get it all on there. My 1LE sway should be coming soon and I am buying a TQ arm bushing to install. Saturday might work.

Yea, Youngstown Streets...

Transgo's arent hard to install...it can be done at home. But call Pro Built Automatics before you intall it and tell him about your car and such. He can tell you how to modify it to work best with your setup. My buddy who lives over by Rocknies as put a transgo in before, in his Vette.

Anyways, good to hear you werent tagged for racing, hopefully you can pulley 420rwhp. Darkhorse, who you probably remember, put a Vortech on his cammed Z and puts down like 465/475 with a blower/nitrous grind cam. But that much power starts breaking any and everything.

See ya soon.

-Dustin-
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 AM

what does LSX mean? where is that tranny shop at you were talking bout? i would rather not take my car and leave it at ANY shop to have them install anything. i have installed everything on my car myself. cause its cheaper of course and i don't trust anyone to take good enough car of my car. so you think your buddy could install it in my car? either way not till next spring though.. my buddies 05 stock gto 6speed put down 344hp 344tq. good numbers.... for 400hp at the crank... it only has like 1500 miles on it so its not even broke in yet. yeah Aaron told me bout his numbers- haven't heard from him in like a month.. did you install your transgo kit yourself? last i heard from aaron was he raced his car with a 11sec pass and the oil feedline for the blower fell apart and you know the rest. what is that guy at the tranny shop going to tell me bout my transgo kit, for it to work better with my cars tranny?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 AM

The tranny shop I speak of is located in Cali. I wouldnt install it there, just ask what specs to drill certain holes in the inserts and stuff. I wouldnt do more than 2 discs for firmness. My buddy probably would, he's a Electronic Tech for YSU and is good with small stuff. He even fixed his Bose CD player. Pro Built Automatics, you can google that and find the site, its a awesome 4L60E shop. Talk to Dana, hell tell you what you need to know.

Amen on the do it yourself stuff. The only thing I didnt do myself on my car was adjusting the rockers.

344/344 is pretty good, I am hoping for about 15/15 more with just a cam this winter.

-Dustin-
Old 10-12-2005, 10:29 AM

cool man sounds good...
Old 10-12-2005, 10:45 AM

Oh, and LSX refers to LS series engines, LS1, LS2, LS4, LS6, LS7. Just like LTX means LT1, LT4, LT5. BTW 1LE Sways are on ebay for $30 not a bad deal since BMR and such cost about $200. Just a heads up.

-Dustin-
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM

Thanks but i have no front sway bar and i have stock compents other then motor mounts-tranny mount-lowering springs/bilstein.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:34 PM

hey you said you killed a C5? what year? i looked for your kill story and found nothing... hmm i'm kinda suprised since you don't have a cam or NOS/blower. when i first got my car i had a flowmaster muffler and a kn sqaure filter and cleaned house with some ******* out on route 11 in a 1999 carrea. blew away a 1997 nsx from a 60 mile an hr pull also. they have street races late at night off merdian by the landfill before you get to the truck stop. i guess people do race for pink slips there from what i was told. i guess alot of 11sec cars. never been to one yet. my car goes sideways so easy with the blower that i would be scared to race someone now and swing around and smack the side of there car. other day i called off work and got on it out on canfield rd and 62 and i was going sideways across the street and that was only a little gas. so i could amagine flooring it..

Quick Reply: Chilis car show in youngstown