Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Chilis car show in youngstown

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Re: Chilis car show in youngstown

You will benefit from all the parts you listed. But you wont benefit enough to justify $300 or whatever they cost now. I wouldnt worry about it until your running at least 12's if not 11's. Put the $300 towards LT's, Catback, 1.6 RR, E-WP or something. If you are really concerned about the TQ arm, do what I am doing, buy a poly TQ arm mount. Its the weakest point of the assembly.

I left my suspension stock until it became unfit for the power. I started getting wheel hop with LT's/Catback/CAI/ 1.6RR's/Madwolf tune, so I added LCA's I got from Cantonracer for $50. Problem solved. I only got a PHB because mine was allowing the axle to shift in turns which kept spinning the rear around. I got the poly tranny mount because after the 3.73's my rubber one ripped from the added TQ on the drivetrain. I'd wouldnt start replacing anything till you need it, unless you have an unlimited budget. Yes all these items would help any F-body, but they wont be worth the investment until they pull their weight in gold.

Sways are a different story, the body roll on F-body's are terrible, I was saving for one, but after seeing that 1LE's are on ebay for $30 I got one. Yes, a $200 35mm one is 45% stiffer, but your paying 700% more. Not worth it unless you are AutoX'ing the car. Invest what little cash you can spare wisely and you will reap the benefits 10 fold. Trust me I get most of my parts used and research each decision to make sure it maximizes my dollar.

Ok, I am done ranting.

-Dustin-
Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM

HEY GUYS>>> this weekend (saturday is suppose to be nice. want to meet out at chilis for the car show? also i like ramtuff too.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM

If I'm not doing anything Saturday, I'll try to head down there. I'm still going to get a poly trans mount, replace it before the stocker goes, and $25 isn't much.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:43 PM

Hey guys, having a BBQ or meeting up for Chili's sounds great to me and my buddies will go for it too , we just need some nice weather real soon here , Can't make it down Saturday night to Chili's, would love too but have a wedding to go to, will be missing the car stuff while I am at the wedding !!!!!

Next Saturday Oct 22nd, if the weather permits, me and maybe 6-8 other transam and camaro guys are going to cedar point to have a day of great fun and to hang out and BS about F-Body, should be a great time!!!! If any questions about Cedar point feel free to ask, hope ya'll can come out and hope to meet up with ya'll very, very soon!!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:49 AM

Hey BOB? the wedding your going to doesn't happen to be for a guy named jason is it? i doubt it but just curious. also that would be cool to me up at cedar point,but no way i'm driving my camaro all the way up there. haha. plus money is tight right now and need to pay bills first.

camarocracy- stop down if the weather holds out and your free. red my sig and you will figure out my car. i always park next to a 05 blue gto and a 95 firehawk black. we usually get there at 4 right when it starts to get good parking.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:57 AM

Dude, do you think your friend would let me sit in their GTO and Firehawk?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 AM

HAHA that would make his day. him and his dad(firehawk) will give yo ua ride too...
Old 10-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Hey how come no one is rushing to sit in my car

Bastards

-Dustin-
Old 10-14-2005, 11:11 AM

hahaha - you coming out saturday Bro?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:57 PM

I am debating it, its looking like a good possibility. I might try and get my Dad to bring out his 57 Chevy BelAir. Should I be looking for the "Turnpipe Trouble Makers Club"?

Anyways, my car is a mess, so I dont want to show it. Where do you guys park? I'll probably park over by the mall and walk over.

-Dustin-
Old 10-14-2005, 09:54 PM

well my buddy and his dad won't be there. forgot they have a wedding to go to. so i'm going to try and get a hold of another one of my dudes that has a 02 sunset orange ss camaro
Old 10-14-2005, 10:23 PM

Dustin call my cell tomorrow afternoon,my other buddy can't get out to chilis till 6. so i'm not bout to go to chilis by myself at 4:00. so give me a call and we can meet there or something.. 330-501-0169 Jeff
Old 10-14-2005, 11:29 PM

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it by 4 tomorrow. My friends and I are going up to Cleveland around 12. If I'm back by 6, I'll deffinitly head down there.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:07 AM

aight sounds good..
Old 10-15-2005, 11:18 PM

Good night on the strip, nice F-body's. Good people to hang out with too. Camarocracy, we were waiting for ya man!

-Dustin-

Quick Reply: Chilis car show in youngstown