LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

where is the air pump located?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by gritter
i was talking with a hoist or a jack....
So when you talk about a hoist or jack, you say "do I have to adjust the height of the car?" WTF do you expect people to think with a dumbass question like that. Ask if it can be done from the top, or if you have to jack it up and get it from underneath
Old 06-05-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by screamin94Z
only asking because its too late to go out and mess with the car, but do you have to route the belt different to bypass the air pump or does it require a smaller belt?
The AIR pump is electric, and does not need a belt.

Originally posted by Josh'95Z28conv
So when you talk about a hoist or jack, you say "do I have to adjust the height of the car?" WTF do you expect people to think with a dumbass question like that. Ask if it can be done from the top, or if you have to jack it up and get it from underneath
You don't need to give him a smart-*** comment like that. He's asking questions that he would like answered.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:10 AM

I just put the front of my car up on rhino ramps and did it from the bottom for 2 bolts and top for the 3rd bolt and the vacuum solenoid bolt. After everything was disconnectted I just pullled it out from the bottom.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:36 AM

im glad to see i got you so worked up about a poorly worded question. If all you have to say is stupid **** then STFU nobody wants to hear it.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:11 PM

What kind of gains are possible if you take out the AIR pump?
Old 06-07-2004, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by 96WhiteZ28
What kind of gains are possible if you take out the AIR pump?
No gains it just cleans up your engine bay and makes you a few 5 or so pounds lighter. People also say that your car may run a little cooler, but im not too sure about that.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:50 AM

ok i cut the wires going to the air pump replaced the fuse, and the fuse still blew. What could be wrong?
Old 06-08-2004, 04:20 AM

Dude, if you dont have an answer to his question than get off his nuts. I've been working with him for about a week now and what he has to ask is very important. True he may not ask it in the best of terms, but he gets the point across to people that can understand and are willing to help. Everyone I have talked with including myself are stumped with his problem. so unless you have something informative to add please stay out of this thread.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by gritter
ok i cut the wires going to the air pump replaced the fuse, and the fuse still blew. What could be wrong?
Hopefully you cut the right wires, but I don't see why you wouldn't just unplug it. Does it blow immediately or when you start the car? Try removing the AIR pump relay and see what happens. It could be the relay or wiring shorted past the relay. Swap the relay with the fog light relay and see if the same thing happens. Test the AIR pump relay in the fog light socket to also verify if it [fog lights] works.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by shoebox
Hopefully you cut the right wires, but I don't see why you wouldn't just unplug it. Does it blow immediately or when you start the car? Try removing the AIR pump relay and see what happens. It could be the relay or wiring shorted past the relay. Swap the relay with the fog light relay and see if the same thing happens. Test the AIR pump relay in the fog light socket to also verify if it [fog lights] works.
It usully blows after about 3-5 minutes of running. I'm gonna go try to relay thing will get back to u in a minute
Old 06-08-2004, 10:19 AM

swapped the relays and the fogs light do work. Left them swapped and will see how that works, replaced the fuse w/ a new 20a fuse and lets see how it goes. Will let you know after i return from work. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:34 PM

blew the fuse again SES light came on once again.. This time it went off when i stopped at a stop light, and after about 30 seconds of driving it came back on. Any more suggestions? I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:35 PM

My suggention is a 1LE foglight delete kit. I've always hated the look of foglights on an LT1 Camaro. Is your car a Camaro or a Bird?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by RamAir95TA

You don't need to give him a smart-*** comment like that. He's asking questions that he would like answered.
I originally posted a sarcastic comment. He replied with a smart *** comment. I responded back with a smart *** coment. He's the one that got all serious

Good luck with getting the ses light off. All I did was unplug my air pump, and never got a light or anything...
Old 06-09-2004, 06:57 AM

no you wont have to worry about the belt having to be any shorter, becuz the air pump on our cars is not belt driven, its all done by an electric motor.

Quick Reply: where is the air pump located?