LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What went wrong with your Electric WP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 06:29 PM

What went wrong with your Electric WP?

Well i'm pretty sure that mine has crapped out. Look's like it's shorting out inside the WP somehow. The fuse keep's blowing on the wire I have running to it. Anyone else ever have one crap out? If so what went wrong? I figured that the seal would have been the only thing to go wrong. Kinda weird that this is how it went but oh well.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:37 PM

You dont mention what brand it is? It sounds nearly like what happened to my Meziere. I took mine apart and the power wires were loose on the inside. They only used slip fit type connectors. I cleaned the connections up and soldered them on and haven't had a problem in two years.

-Tony
Old 10-11-2003, 06:53 PM

Yea. I have a CSI pump. But I was telling my buddy that, that's EXACTLY what I think happened to mine. The connection's inside must have gotten torn up somehow. Cause I mean come on, the thing has been running fine and then all the sudden this started happening I know it's the pump, my wiring is fine, I have a relay, with inline fuse and it's alway's ran fine. All the sudden the relay was just melted. So replaced the relay and the new one just get's really hot and then blow's the inline fuse. So I wired it up directly and the pump just pop's the fuse
Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM

Dont know how the CSI's are assembled, but mine just has screws on the front, remove them and it comes apart. Wiring that has a loose connection will draw ALOT of current and blow fuses. I have even seen this happen in my house. The microwave kept tripping its breaker, pulled the panel off and the screw that held the wire in the breaker was loose, tightened it up and problem was gone.

-Tony
Old 10-11-2003, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by Mystic95Z
Dont know how the CSI's are assembled, but mine just has screws on the front, remove them and it comes apart. Wiring that has a loose connection will draw ALOT of current and blow fuses. I have even seen this happen in my house. The microwave kept tripping its breaker, pulled the panel off and the screw that held the wire in the breaker was loose, tightened it up and problem was gone.

-Tony
ok now wait are you talking about the screws that actually hold the pump to the housing or are you saying there's screws that hold the pump assembly together?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:19 PM

Not not the ones that hold the pump to the stock housing, but the ones that hold the electric motor together.

-Tony
Old 10-11-2003, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by Mystic95Z
Not not the ones that hold the pump to the stock housing, but the ones that hold the electric motor together.

-Tony
Yup your right, I have 4 allen screws that hold the motor together. Im gonna go tear that thing apart then and have a look at it. I thought it was all sealed. I'll have to bust out the soldering iron and hopefully I can get it going tonight.

Thanks