LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What procedure did you use for your headers? I've searced the archives

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:19 AM

Thumbs up What procedure did you use for your headers? I've searced the archives

I have MACs in my living room, they don't belong there . I've read more archived posts than I know what to do with. I have my O2 sims, the MACs came with header gaskets and header bolts.

What I have left to get is as follows, from what I can gather:

Taylor Wires for stock location plug wire setup
Special S-Pipe from thunder racing since i have single cat headers for a dual cat car
Some Band Clamps for the exhaust

I've done all the mods on my car listed below, so I think I should be able to complete the install. About how long will it take?

I have car ramps and small jackstands, is that enough for lift?

What procedure is best to follow? I've decided to do my 1.6 Roller Rockers after the headers since the RRs would benefit from the MACs I think...

thanks for the help in advance

lbrowne
Old 06-03-2003, 04:19 PM

When I installed my Pacesetter headers it took about two good days of work and two more 2 to 3 hour days to complete it. My install took a little longer because I had trouble getting all of the new bolts to grab. When I did mine I just set my Craftsman jackstands to the lowest level and used a floor jack to lift it up onto them. I would remove the Y-pipe first, then the starter. Then remove the wires and the headers as well as the AIR fittings. You also have to remove the belt and alternator to get at the passenger side. I would try putting as many new plugs in as you can before the headers go in because it is a bastard to do afterward. You should also route the wires before the headers go in. These are just some thoughts, otherwise just follow any instructions that may have came with the headers.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:31 PM

Jordon Musser write up:
http://www.fastblackcar.com/camaro/mac_headers.html
Old 06-04-2003, 10:06 AM

I've never thuoght of this before but will these single cat headers on my dual cat car eliminate my cats altogether? (EDIT: I know it will for one of them)

Wheres a good spot to get taylor wires and can you get them with opti ends?

thanks,

lbrowne

Last edited by lbrowne; 06-04-2003 at 12:27 PM.