LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What do I have to do to a Holley TB to make it work correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 PM

What do I have to do to a Holley TB to make it work correctly?

Ok, I guees I'm stuck with purchasing a 58mm Holley TB, seems to be the only one thats has the IAC passage sealed from the main plenum to try to fix my idle issues.

I've read several posts about them sticking and other issues, but there seems to be ways to correct some of that.
If you have a Holley, what if anything did you do to resolve any issues you may have been having?

Sure sux that no one can make an aftermarket TB that has the same ports/holes/etc as the stocker...
Old 09-14-2006, 02:47 PM

Re: What do I have to do to a Holley TB to make it work correctly?

I have had mine for about 6 months. So far I have had no problems. I did enlarge the iac opening between the throttle blades (on the front side). I did this to lower the IAC count some. Like I said so far i am very happy with it.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:59 PM

Send me a PM with your personal e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures of a fixture I designed and built to machine-out the intake venturas to 58mm. It works great and I've done several. I see you're in Ft Worth, I'm in the Oklahoma city area, not too far away.

The Holley 58mm is a great TB for an LT, possibly the best!
Old 09-14-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by SC/TA
I have had mine for about 6 months. So far I have had no problems. I did enlarge the iac opening between the throttle blades (on the front side). I did this to lower the IAC count some. Like I said so far i am very happy with it.
You mean adding the venturi hole like in this link?
http://members.***.net/chipsbyal/page/idle/index.html

I anticipate doing this minimally to any aftermarket TB. I know the Holley seals up and does not allow IAC air to the main plenum which is good for idle quality so I will not have to make a "plug" to seal that off as shown in the link above.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 PM

I didnt add anything, I just enlarged the hole with a dremel. Its kind of a triangle shaped hole on the front side of the tb( not the intake manifold side). You may not have to do it. just check your IAC count. You can also lower the iac count by opening the throttle blades a little, by turning the throttle stop screw. I liked the idea of useing the iac to regulate how much air your getting. Thats just my opinion, it may not matter which way you do it.