LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Vibration/hesitation Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Vibration/hesitation Help!

I had my car on the lift today and put new rims and tires on it. When i took it off the lift i noticed my car felt a little funny. It kinda vibrates like it did when the spark plug wire burned up but dosint really have any power loss that i can tell. Its not the rims or tires because i can push the clutch in doing 50 and it rides perfictly smooth. It idles and rev's fine but whenever theirs a load on it then it vibrates. Any way it could be the opti? I snapped one of the torx bolts on it so i used RTV and just really tightened the other 2 when i did the cam. Can ya guys give me some help before i start dumping money into it?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Re: Vibration/hesitation Help!

I'm going out on a limb here, but this happened to me.

I was working underneath my car, I brought the jack down after working on it, started it up, and it started running really funny, hesitated, like a dropeed cylinder.

Well as it turns out, I let it down a little too fast and with an already loose rocker arm, you can see where I'm going with this right? The rocker arm came off the stud for some ungodly reason and that was the cause of my problems.

Could be something in the driveline, you say only when there's a load on it, so you never know.

Sorry couldn't be anymore help.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:32 PM

Re: Vibration/hesitation Help!

I thinnk its the clutch. When i did all my mods the clutch was pretty much new and stock. I smoked it twice so i dunno. When i was driving to work i tryed going from a complete stop and had the clutch all the way out and the car didnt want to move and allmost stalled. After that it was fine. Clutch in = vibration goes away. Clutch out = vibration? How much of a possibility is it? Please help me out before i waste $500 for something that i dont need.