LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

V6 vs V8???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:32 PM

v6 is junk and slow...Ive owned both type of 4th gens...The v8 could turn into a money pit real quick..and if your young you'll get raped w/ insurance on top of that
Old 02-02-2004, 03:57 PM

hey dude, about the 93 and 94s being slower their not. But if you are looking to get an fbody the earlier years are really cheap but very solid performers, especially for a first car. I bought mine for 2 grand, and it runs like a champ. Plus got a 94 that also runs awesome. My insurance went down 30 dollars a month from going from my 85 s10 4cyl. 4spd to the ta, go figure. They are excellent cars for the money and very strong motors. If you take car of the car, it will last you along time. You also must learn to keep the skinny pedal off the floor, because it will get you into alot of trouble.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike_InMT
[B]If you're just turning 16, a V6 wouldn't be a bad idea for you. They're not as slow as everyone makes them out to be, they're fast enough to get you in trouble, but don't expect to get the "Ooohs" & "Aaahhhs" you would get w/ a V8.

My advice: Don't give a flying f*ck what other people think/say/do. Get what you want and can afford, enjoy it, and move on when you can afford more.

my first car was an '86 cavalier that was the color rust. my liscense plates read LiLrusty. i couldnt get on the interstate because it topped out at 55. thats all i could afford at the time. i didnt have rich parents to buy me a sweet ride on my birthday. now i have the z and respect it more, just like n e thing else in life if you work for it, you will take better care of it.
just my $.02