LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

tell me what you think!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 PM

tell me what you think!!!!

I have a problem....I have a 95 Z28 Convertible, developed a miss so I took it to the mechanic and asked him to replace the plugs and wires. He installed regular copper plugs and Autolite wires. I didn't even make it home before it began to miss again. Returned it to the mechanic, they put on AC Delco wires and I tried to take it home again. Within 5 minutes the miss was back. I took the car to another mechanic and he put on MSD wires and double platinum plugs with larger looms. Still no joy.....the miss is not as bad but still there! I haven't replaced the cap and rotor yet ( the car has 72,000 miles ) I owe the mechanic roughly 500.00 now and I am a little nervous about my next move. My assumption is that I should replace the cap and rotor.....but I have spent so much money now that I am really unsure! Please let me know what you think. Shoestring budget.....really stressed out .....please respond A.S.A.P
Old 07-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Why do people take thier cars to mechanics for something as simple as plugs and wires? Could possibly be the ICM going bad or coil.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:43 PM

Agreed

I agree the Ignition Control Module and the Coil would have been alot cheaper to replace and you can do that quite easily. I would try that as my next move instead of replacing you cap and rotor, that will be about 4 times as much money. Just my .02
Old 07-14-2007, 06:05 PM

well isn't that nice

I am glad that it is simple for you, It is rocket science to me. If that is all you have to say....keep it to yourself! this poor guy spent all day trying to get the plugs and wires in. Oh and by the way I have no place to work on the car. I'm sure it would be a blast out in the gravel in my driveway!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Have you ever had the PCM scanned for codes?