LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

she lives again...kinda

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 PM

she lives again...kinda

well a year + ago i had a tranny and 383 bottom end done up on my car. then a few months later my chain snapped...after a year of collecting new parts i came up with a 383 with 195 afr lt4 heads ported more w/matching intake..a brett beaur 23x 24x cam/1.6 crane gold rr's/pace setter ceramic lt's/custom dual 3"exhaust w x-pipe/and a ltcc ignition........now the good and bad....i finally got everything in and the ltcc mounted and working with the coils on the firewall and wires running along my fuel rails on a custom loom mount....various parts polished and looking good for a first time polish......now the problems start......wouldnt start at first till after about an hour my dumb *** realized the fuel pump was disconnected and she then fired right up after a year of waiting...no codes no nothing i was thrilled...then the codes came....stupid cps reluctor ring was left out because of clearence issues and my interpretation that it was just a oil slinger on the crank.....now i have to figure out that one.....next my exhaust wont mate up with my lt's so i have to modify them more..then i was doing gears and found out they were for the wrong carrier so i need a spacer.....dont mean to carry on and on just venting a lil i guess...lol......will keep you updated and post some pics when i get more infoand into it again.....i'm just anxious i guess....was told when i was away b4 it broke my buddy took it out and did like a low to mid 12 pass on the old setup....now the whole top end is beefed way up and i'll have better gears cant wait to see how it goes

ps has anyone had any experience with dealing with the cps-reluctor plate-cloydes dbl rollers...should i just get the codes deleted or should i try to make this reluctor work behind the cover???
Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 AM

Re: she lives again...kinda

Originally Posted by spcearle
ps has anyone had any experience with dealing with the cps-reluctor plate-cloydes dbl rollers...should i just get the codes deleted or should i try to make this reluctor work behind the cover???
I just had the code programmed out.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Banned

Re: she lives again...kinda

Have the crank sensor programed out.

Welcome to the world of speed and beauty.