LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

? on pushrod and lifter install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:08 PM

? on pushrod and lifter install

i think i may have a collapsed lifter (can hear a loud ticking that is not a header leak and not the RR's).
so, i am going to get replacement lifters and pushrods and want to make sure these will work

the lifters say for 87 and up with roller cam - is that right?
and the pushrods say the same and say they are 7.195"- is that right

also, i am leaving the heads on to do this. is there anything more to replacing the lifters than it looks. does it have any locks or anything. should just push lifter in the bore and put the pushrods down on them right?

is there any adjusting that has to be done when i tighten back down the RR's (they are self aligning for what its worth). i dont have to worry about valve lash or anyting like that do i? thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 01:39 PM

Re: ? on pushrod and lifter install

Originally posted by 96LT14u2Nv
i think i may have a collapsed lifter (can hear a loud ticking that is not a header leak and not the RR's).
so, i am going to get replacement lifters and pushrods and want to make sure these will work

the lifters say for 87 and up with roller cam - is that right?
and the pushrods say the same and say they are 7.195"- is that right

also, i am leaving the heads on to do this. is there anything more to replacing the lifters than it looks. does it have any locks or anything. should just push lifter in the bore and put the pushrods down on them right?

is there any adjusting that has to be done when i tighten back down the RR's (they are self aligning for what its worth). i dont have to worry about valve lash or anyting like that do i? thanks
What brand lifters and what is the part number? Does the vendor list them for an LT1/4?

To replace the lifters, remove the plate over them and just pull them up and out of the block. Be certain that they are lubed and not dry upon insertion. Some lifters ship with a protective coating that is not a lubricant. To be safe clean them and lube them.

Do a search on setting the lash. There are many lengthy posts on this topic. It is not that hard, but is critical to get them done properly.