LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Not happy w/ Madz28

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:37 PM

Re: Not happy w/ Madz28

Thread starter...hope you learned you learned your lesson about trying to work out stuff instead of acting like a little kid throwing a tantrum...****, I expected to see something along the lines of your car blowing up...but nope, your throwing a hissy fit because you spent a couple of bucks and...whatever...personally, I would refund his money and tell him to f-off.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by jkucz31
so Madz28 tuned my computer and telling me i should see 15 whp gain. So i put it to the test considering i got it dyno'd last week and i was at 275.7 Whp/ 312 ft.lbs . I put the tuned pcm in and wow i got a whopping 279whp/ and 304 ft.lbs. Seems a little odd to me. I had the dyno guy make me a graph of the differences before and after runs. you guys tell me what you think.The link to the graph will be up later.
I'd almost be suspicious of the dyno. you have hardly any mods..and dyno'd 279 rwhp. most autos only come close to that with long tube headers including your mods + a tune...not to mention a descreened MAF which im sure could mess up tuning. and like another user said..look under the curve for the gains..and not just the peak gains.

if anything, you should be happy to be at 279 rwhp. thats a very high # for your setup..take it to track to see what that number means in the real world.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:30 AM

I think my time in my sig speaks for itself. Madwolf's tunes are the best around imho. I once had a problem with shipping my pcm to him and it was stuck at a UPS location. One quick phone call and he went and picked it up from UPS and that was that. Super nice guy and very easy to work with.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 AM

definatly woudlnt be mad with those numbers with your mods
Old 10-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Can anybody explain why the car lost torque? I thought this was a forum just to express ideas and info (good and bad) not to attack people or vendors.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 AM

"I thought this was a forum just to express ideas and info (good and bad) not to attack people or vendors."

What would you call this thread then when it is named....

"Not happy w/ Madz28"

Is that not an attack?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by CANTONRACER
"I thought this was a forum just to express ideas and info (good and bad) not to attack people or vendors."

What would you call this thread then when it is named....

"Not happy w/ Madz28"

Is that not an attack?
So whos job is it to attack back? Ours? If the thread maker is still reading this thread I'm sure he now understands he shouldve contacted the vendor first. No big deal, live and learn. There was still some good info put out in this thread.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Alvin@pcmforless.com
I tell you what.. If any of you guys want to try a bolt on/stock tune from me I'll buy it back if you don't like it..

I'm that confident in them.. I've had too many guys send me timeslips and praises to think otherwize.. not to mentioned I just put a base file in my girlfriends stock engine Z28 that netted 16rwhp.

I'm sure Ion feels the same way.

Its pretty bad to think that this person would go make a post like this before actually contacting the person that did his tune.
Ill take you up on that. Maby in the next few weeks.

Do you guys do anything more for the speed density guys vs. the maf? I heard that as the car ages the tables that it uses to regulate the a/f mix can get out of wack.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jazsun

Do you guys do anything more for the speed density guys vs. the maf? I heard that as the car ages the tables that it uses to regulate the a/f mix can get out of wack.
In the interest of getting you a quick reply Alvin does burn chips and Bryan of PCMforless does the flash programming, well I am fairly sure that Alvin probably does some flash work as well seeing as that is what the majority of the cars are but in the begining they worked together and one specialzed in flash and the other chip burning.
I have used Bryan of pcmforless for years now as he is a b-body owner and that is how he got into it. Ion of Madz28.com is much closer to me though and I have debated getting a dyno tune by him. These guys all have solid reputations in this community and you rerally can't go wrong with them.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by madwolf
I think everyone with some knowledge on this subject will agree that as a rule, factory LT1 cars come programmed with an air fuel ratio descending into ~11.7 to 1 at wide open throttle. Leaning this out to a targeted 13 to 1, plus timing changes WILL yield 13 RWHP on a car that adheres to that rule.
Which part exactly is unbelievable here?

Now if your car has eleventy billion miles on it and injectors are semi-clogged (example), causing this air fuel ratio to be leaner than it should, of course you will not see gains. On a well running car that has had good maintenance and runs premium octane, you WILL see these gains. I've done it NUMEROUS times on the dyno, or else I would not be claiming these gains. Anyone who knows me a bit closer than through the occasional phone conversation knows and can confirm that I am not the type of person to scam people or not stand by my work.

I will have to add a little to this................

I had you tune my PCM a little over a year ago and again a few months ago. The first time you tuned my PCM I made a mistake that was going to cost me more but instead of it costing me you bit the bullit and took the cost yourself.........THAT'S GREAT customer service in my opinion. As far as MY tune goes and my opinion in how well you tune, well, my car (with the CC306) has 0 cam surge (some of this may have to do with the loose converter) but it runs PERFECT. I have not had a wideband put on it yet but when I get the transmission rebuilt and put back in I am going to have it done and will let everyone know how good the tune really is, which I'm sure will be very close. My point to this post is your customer service AND your tuning ability are great in my opinion. Thanks for all the great service you have provided for me.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:32 AM

Tuned mine awhile back, made it run awsome, no complaints here. Everytime i had a question or needed an update he was quick to email me.

Thanks Ion
James
Old 10-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jazsun

Yep, I'll write you via PM. I don't want to take over the thread here or anything.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
In the interest of getting you a quick reply Alvin does burn chips and Bryan of PCMforless does the flash programming, well I am fairly sure that Alvin probably does some flash work as well seeing as that is what the majority of the cars are but in the begining they worked together and one specialzed in flash and the other chip burning.
I have used Bryan of pcmforless for years now as he is a b-body owner and that is how he got into it. Ion of Madz28.com is much closer to me though and I have debated getting a dyno tune by him. These guys all have solid reputations in this community and you rerally can't go wrong with them.

Yep you got it right.. Its nice that we have it split because it gives us opprotunities to really research and develop new stuff like different hacks and patches. I couldn't imagine trying to do MAF flash stuff on top of the stuff I do here. I think my brain would explode...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:21 PM

One of the best mods i've done felt a diffrence right away.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:59 PM

I emailed him as soon as i started this thread and yet i still have no reply via email my car ran a 9.1 at like 79 mph and on a ****ty track with a 450 pound system in the 1/8th. Never got a chance to do a 1/4 mile pass By the way i didnt feel any gains after i put the pcm in. My shifts felt sluggish. the only thing i noticed was that the temp stayed around 160-175. IM going to put new plugs in and see if they are fouled out. I dont want my money back. But i am still going to post the graphs up. Why did i lose 8 ft lbs of torque.

Quick Reply: Not happy w/ Madz28