LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New tune new problems but I think I figured it out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 10:08 AM

Re: New tune new problems but I think I figured it out.

What type of build? Have you tried opening the gap? Stock plug gap is .050
Old 10-17-2020, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by grabbem88
Lol I woke up thinking on everything didn’t realize you were posting.

so are we saying both tune/tuners are wrong?
or I have something wrong on my end?
I'm not a tuner, I am just looking at data logs. I am not going to criticize specific tuners and get in a pissing contest when I do not have the skills required to do what they do. I am just stating that when I see problems in the data log that I can't cure or explain, I think the tuner should be questioned to ask for his input on the cause of the irregularities. I know in a recent case, the owner went back to the tuner and asked for his input, but I don't think he ever got it. If he did, he never told me. I suggested that another owner go back to Moe Bailey and I contacted Moe to alert him to the problem and ask for his help, and he found the problem with not being able to change the previous tuner's work.

It takes a lot of time to sort these things out, and I admit I get a bit frustrated when I can't find the source of the problem. But I also follow these issues on other LT1 sites, and keep in mind the positive and negative I see on various tuners.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Administrator

30lb Bosch injectors holds 43-45 psi all through the drive

Unless someone has deleted vacuum compensation from the tune (mine is that way, as are LS1 tunes) the fuel pressure should vary with engine vacuum. 43-45 PSI is fine at idle with vacuum line off, or at WOT when there is very little intake manifold vacuum. But with the vacuum line connected to the FPR, the cruising pressure should be 5-10 PSI below the above values, depending on the cam profile.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pullngz
What type of build? Have you tried opening the gap? Stock plug gap is .050
le3 dart heads 2.08/1.60
custom cam .584/.597 231/241 112 +5 on 1.5’s
im using 1.6’s
ported intake
30lb
stock 48mm
full exhaust
gapped at .035
Old 10-17-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I'm not a tuner, I am just looking at data logs. I am not going to criticize specific tuners and get in a pissing contest when I do not have the skills required to do what they do. I am just stating that when I see problems in the data log that I can't cure or explain, I think the tuner should be questioned to ask for his input on the cause of the irregularities. I know in a recent case, the owner went back to the tuner and asked for his input, but I don't think he ever got it. If he did, he never told me. I suggested that another owner go back to Moe Bailey and I contacted Moe to alert him to the problem and ask for his help, and he found the problem with not being able to change the previous tuner's work.

It takes a lot of time to sort these things out, and I admit I get a bit frustrated when I can't find the source of the problem. But I also follow these issues on other LT1 sites, and keep in mind the positive and negative I see on various tuners.
oh I get it... but you’ve always helped me so I choose no sides other than the goal in getting it right and passing it on to others